The February 2009 issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting came to gobbler fanatics in mid-December 2008 and did not disappoint. There's a reason subscribers turn to the most practical and comprehensive source of information for wild turkey hunters. Turkey & Turkey Hunting is the resource for the modern turkey hunter. Subscribe today!
If you haven't checked out this edition, here's what you're missing:
• Greg Lobas shows why going solo is the best way to hunt turkeys.
• Avoid common problems in the turkey woods by tapping Editor Jim Spencer's experiences.
• Learn how to bag the 2-hour gobbler using John Trout, Jr.'s techniques.
• Patience is a virtue, but perseverance gets results. Ed Jackson tells why.
• When should you call? When should you not call? There isn't a 100 percent answer, but Tad Brown can help your chances.
• Think outside the box with Travis Faulkner's strange setups.
• After more than 60 years, only one turkey hunting book remains a must-read. And it almost didn't happen. Jim Casada explores The American Wild Turkey.
• Get inside turkey biology as Lovett E. Williams examines the animal's unique traits.
• Jace Bauserman travels deep into the back country for a classic Merriam's hunt. What he finds will surprise you.