Spring is finally here. It could not have come a moment sooner. Neither could Turkey & Turkey Hunting, as subscribers will tell you.
Take a gander at these gobbler getters:
• To really enjoy spring, Greg Lobas says to look at it through the eyes of a 10 year old.
• Jim Spencer tells why chasing suburban turkeys can give you the chance to spend a few more hours in the woods each spring.
• Scott Bestul shows why it is worthwhile to study the traits of those people who down turkeys with eerie consistency.
• Phil Bourjaily explores the benefits of wearing a wristwatch.
• The science of sound has a lot to do with the art of luring, explains Mark Strand.
• Steve Hickoff offers five ways to get a gobbler all to yourself.
• The connection between waterways and good hunting is clear. Tom Carpenter probes how to capitalize on it.
• Jim Casada looks back on the life of Doug Camp, the founder of Camp Callers.