Choke tubes?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Turkeybuster

RE: Choke tubes?

Postby Turkeybuster » January 25th, 2009, 6:53 am

The best solution is to bend the barrel it is supriseing how easy it is to do this.
TB

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 25th, 2009, 7:29 am

ORIGINAL: Turkeybuster

The best solution is to bend the barrel it is supriseing how easy it is to do this.
TB

You are so right on that. Not that I am able to do it though. I never cared for scopes or any fiber optic sight on a shotgun. I had an 870 Wingmaster I sent to a fellow in SC and he got it right on, and a very cheap proccess. It was shooting right when I sent it and was dead on when I got it back. That was a sweet gun, had the trigger pull reduced to 2 #, special recoil pad, camo dipped by Crumley, rhino .660 with Nitro 4x5x7, and 26 in. barrel. Just sold it.[:(]

Earl

src="http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/midlandturkey/DSCN1569.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 25th, 2009, 7:46 am

earl where can i get an old double barrle side by side is there a site on the inter net that sells them...i know the ones in the the pic were from you family....would like one for fall hunting ...and wing shooting ...thanks ...ron

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 25th, 2009, 8:00 am

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/gun/gun-home.jsp?hierarchyId=10468&redirect=true&cmCat=search_redir&sort=all

The Cabela page the gun selection is on the left, American, European etc just click on the type gun.

http://www.shootersxchange.com/sidebyside_shotguns.cfm

Just a couple. If you or anyone does a google search a lot of options come up.

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » January 25th, 2009, 8:30 am

I had heard of barrel bending but never suggested it because it always sounded expensive. Thanks for clearing that up. Love those SxS.  p.s. G.G did you find the artical.
canecreekcalls.com

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 25th, 2009, 10:43 am

ORIGINAL: thundrchikin

I had heard of barrel bending but never suggested it because it always sounded expensive. Thanks for clearing that up. Love those SxS.  p.s. G.G did you find the artical.

Of cource my luck I am missing a two 1990 and one 1991 magazine , I am sure is was in one of those 3.

Earl

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » January 28th, 2009, 8:59 pm

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

..lucky for some I don't shoot in the NWTF shoots.
Nitros are far superior in pattern performance than production shotshells. However Nitros are not a Still Target load. If you were going to compete you must use a production shell, do you have any pics of patterns from production shells.

pabeard buster

Postby pabeard buster » February 1st, 2009, 4:31 pm

thanks for all the help guys. i actually just returned the 870 for an 11-87, said screw the scope, got a nice set of trueglows, and am still shoppin for chokes and shells. the only other thing i need help with is finding a thumbhole or sureshot stock for the 11-87. the 870 mods seem to be everywhere, but i need one for the 11-87?
cluck cluck,
Gobble Gobble Gobble,
BANG!

silvestris

Postby silvestris » February 2nd, 2009, 12:04 pm

You are so right, TC.  If you have not had the need to shoot from the other shoulder, you will.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » February 3rd, 2009, 3:46 am

TC,I would think that a tactical stock would aid in opposite shoulder shooting whereas a right handed thumbhole would make it nearly impossible. The sureshot is a hybred and should fuction like a tactical due to the large opening in the stock.
canecreekcalls.com

PreviousNext

Return to Shooting