Wildcat Call

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
thundrchikin

RE: Wildcat Call

Postby thundrchikin » January 23rd, 2009, 1:34 pm

In the early 90's I remember seeing an artical in The Turkey Hunter mag titled The secret calls of Eddie Salter. They tried to describe the wild cat call and another call he called the "rape" call.I don't know that I have ever heard either one and really don't care if I hear the later one. You may track down one of those old mag, it may help answer your question.I believe The Turkey Hunter was the predicessor to T&TH. It seems I subscribed to one and started recieving the other.Have got it every since, March issue today.
canecreekcalls.com

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 23rd, 2009, 3:16 pm

ORIGINAL: thundrchikin

In the early 90's I remember seeing an artical in The Turkey Hunter mag titled The secret calls of Eddie Salter. They tried to describe the wild cat call and another call he called the "rape" call.I don't know that I have ever heard either one and really don't care if I hear the later one. You may track down one of those old mag, it may help answer your question.I believe The Turkey Hunter was the predicessor to T&TH. It seems I subscribed to one and started recieving the other.Have got it every since, March issue today.

Thanks for the info, I got the back issues of The Turkey Hunter and will look it up. Thanks also got to renew my T&TH.

Earl

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » January 26th, 2009, 11:16 am

I heard the weirdest sound I have ever heard in the woods last year and just figured out what it was today thanks to this post causing me to do a search.
Has anyone ever heard a red fox scream? Maybe thats the wildcat call lol
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion