good day eh!!

tom slayer

good day eh!!

Postby tom slayer » July 13th, 2008, 5:04 pm

hey canadians... just thought id start a thread here to see how many ontarians we have on here..ive been hunting here since re introduction and have seen the population boom obviously...just wondering how all you guys are doin with your hunts up here and how you plan on baggin a bird this fall..has anyone ever hunted the fall hunt in the states..are you gonna shoot a hen?  need any tips on fall calling?  lets get this ontario group goin..
chris

Alberta Canada eh

RE: good day eh!!

Postby Alberta Canada eh » January 16th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Hey tom slayer! How's it going eh?? By the looks of things, there aren't many of us great white north Canadian turkey hunters! I'm new to this forum. How's your winter going? Where you are? I live in Calgary, Alberta. I see on the news, you're about to get another load of Great Lake generated snow, possibly another Alberta clipper! We are in the middle of a chinook out here with the snow melting very fast (+10*C today). Turkeys around here have had a tough go for about a month with -30*C and 2-3 feet of snow cover. Good thing the ranchers are feeding their cattle (and turkeys at the same time). I'm a member of the local NWTF club and we're going to set traps at the end of the month to transplant another batch this year. I'm canvassing the Gov't to develop a Turkey management plan with goals and objectives to help with bolstering the numbers here in the province. 

tom slayer

Postby tom slayer » January 23rd, 2009, 7:48 am

whats up alberta...im here in ontario... just west of toronto... not sure when you sent your message but i think we got your storm last week there earlier...been cold ever since..-15 to -20 -30 there a couple times last week...
been seein alot of birds around in the feilds all flocked up..hopefully its another great spring..i wasnt sure if u guys had a big population of birds out there....what is your season like and how many birds can you guys take...easterns i assume...im gonna try and get my grand slam this yr with a couple trips booked to south dakota and florida.. keepin my fingers crossed...it ll be my first one..been hunting turkeys here since re intro duction about 20 yrs ago...
anyway keep in touch...maybe we can swap a hunt here someday..
palmer

Alberta Canada eh

Postby Alberta Canada eh » January 23rd, 2009, 8:09 am

Hey tom slayer, good to hear back from you. Our birds out here are Merriams. We currently do not have a management plan for our birds. The gov't has a draw for 200 tags per year here. Last year, there was over 5500 applicants for the tags! I'm really lucky as both my wife and I were drawn for this year's spring season. I am a member of NWTF and also our local fish and game clubs. I have been in contact with the gov't to implement a management plan and now have a meeting scheduled in mid Feb. so that we can be organized in our efforts to expand the population. I'd love to swap a hunt with you sometime but I would have to take you to BC (short drive) to get across the counter tags for Merriams. I have harvested only Merriams and Rio's so far. I as well would like to get my slam. My plans this year are of course the draw hunt here in Alberta, a hunt in BC, and a hunt in Montana. I am "preparing" the wife for a trip to Florida in 2010 to hopefully get an osceola. With our NWTF club we are setting up the traps this weekend to prepare for trapping and relocating in February. Take care and hope the weather lifts for you.

picasso

Postby picasso » March 23rd, 2010, 3:55 am

Hi Slayer,
I just joined this forum but I'm not from Ontario. I live about 15-20 minutes away from the east Ontario border in Quebec.
Last year was my first time Turkey hunting and was successful.
The turkey here seem to be doing great despite the fact that we never had a program to reintroduce them back in our area. We are getting the overflow from other repopulating programs west and south of us.
Picasso

craigr

Postby craigr » April 2nd, 2010, 5:35 am

Just signed up!
Located in Southern Ontario and getting pumped, season is just around the corner! First week is booked off. I'm guessing Alberta is FFG from AO? 

10pointer

Postby 10pointer » April 15th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Beards n' Spurs Guide Service
beardsnspurs@gmail.com
www.beardsandspurs.webs.com
(705)795-3086

flyer

Postby flyer » April 25th, 2010, 3:59 pm

hi fellas,

lotsa birds this year in quebec,we had a mild winter and prelim numbers are up for this year.hunting quebec ontario border with both sides showing great signs..

will be out tuesday patterning my new brileys extended turkey choke.
good luck to all u canucks.we gotta bring the numbers up on this site..

Cheers !

Flyer

Adrian J Hare

Postby Adrian J Hare » March 8th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Hi Guys !  Know me  ? [:D]

Big10Inch

Postby Big10Inch » March 9th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Yup. Bought your video last week. Good stuff.

Peter

Next

Return to Ontario