Adding a Team?

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Gobblerman

Adding a Team?

Postby Gobblerman » April 11th, 2012, 4:05 pm

It appears now that we have had enough supplemental sign-ups to form an additional team for the contest. Some of the supplementals have requested that we form a team with the six new guys.

Since the teams were divided up initially based somewhat on equal experience levels and expectations of success, I am not sure that making a new team of just the supplementals would be fair to the existing teams, but I would like to get opinions from the existing teams' members.

So the question is, do we form a new team of the six supplementals at this time,...or wait to see if we get two more late signers and add one member to each of the existing eight teams? I will make the decision based on the responses here from the existing teams.

Jim

1Morgan

Re: Adding a Team?

Postby 1Morgan » April 11th, 2012, 4:41 pm

There's nothing to loose but bragging rights, and people are already hunting. My season is almost over!!! My opinion is let the team in and not allow anymore supplementals.
South Carolina Low Country

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » April 11th, 2012, 4:53 pm

a bunch of states should be starting in the next couple of weeks, for the sake of time, just make another team w/ the supplementals.....simple and done good luck......
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

eggshell

Postby eggshell » April 11th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Another team is ok with me, it's all for fun anyway. I think an additional team makes the most sense. You all still have to kill the same number of birds as a full team though.....LOl

You might want to check photo IDs to be sure bobby Parks isn't trying to slip in .......
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 11th, 2012, 11:45 pm

I agree with everyone else.

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » April 12th, 2012, 1:08 am

New team is fine with me
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » April 14th, 2012, 12:00 am

Of course its fine with me cause I'd be on the new team! It really doesn't matter what area you hunt the Toms and your hunting and luck too decide if you are successful!

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » April 16th, 2012, 12:19 pm

donmcjr- success is all about the area you hunt put the odds in your favor & hunt areas with plenty of birds that way if u bugger 1turkey there is always another bird to try & work...

luck is just when preparation meets opportunity my friend...

Return to Base Camp