BOWHUNTING & "running & gun'n"

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
lxtagle

Re: BOWHUNTING & "running & gun'n"

Postby lxtagle » April 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Forget abt running & gun'n with a bow. I posted up in my blind, did some "dirty" talking..., and that's all it took to call some birds. Besides 4 toms spooking with my hen decoy, passing up a young jake, and ENDED with a movie type of hunt (shot a large jake in the end), you can't run & gun on all turkey lands. KS is WAAAAY different than the hardwoods in IL and MO where I typically hunt. Got her D.U.N. - done :D
Fun, Friends, Family! p.s. If you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.
- "Don't Quit!" ("buckhuntr15 in D&DH forum)

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm

I'll begin by stating that I have become reaquainted with the Recurve Bow after years of convincing myself I could no longer shoot one .
I have always thought that the recurve or longbow would be more practical for turkey hunting without a blind due to the smooth draw , anchor and release of instinctive shooting .
I have been shooting everyday since last september and my consistency is better than ever .I will try my hand at this turkey hunting game a few times during this springs season . Rest assured though, I have aquired a gift that enables me to let any bird walk away unscathed , or spooked . If I feel unsure about any shot with a bow or gun I will simply sit still .
As far as me being some better man or turkey hunter ,,,,that ain't why I 'm doing it . I like the challenge .Not to impress some one or any one , but for personal satisfaction .
I love turkey hunting ,,,,especially the ''TRICKIN' OL' TOM '' in close to my set up.

lxtagle

Postby lxtagle » April 8th, 2012, 11:05 am

mark hay wrote: As far as me being some better man or turkey hunter ,,,,that ain't why I 'm doing it . I like the challenge .Not to impress some one or any one , but for personal satisfaction . I love turkey hunting ,,,,especially the ''TRICKIN' OL' TOM '' in close to my set up.

mark h. I share the same feelings. It's all about the love & passion for what we do. Viva Turkey hunting, Viva Bowhunting!! :D
Fun, Friends, Family! p.s. If you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.
- "Don't Quit!" ("buckhuntr15 in D&DH forum)

bugslinger719

Postby bugslinger719 » January 31st, 2013, 11:19 pm

Check out the hide a bow. Works for run n gun, or just waiting em out near "zones".

Previous

Return to Strategies