i think its over

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
Morgan

RE: i think its over

Postby Morgan » December 31st, 2008, 4:59 pm

I had a good fall...introduced my pup to some fall birds....took a couple and had a real good time....
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

Morgan

Postby Morgan » January 1st, 2009, 4:12 am

Naw...[:)]
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 1st, 2009, 4:37 am

i dont hear the fAt lady singing[;)]

mark hay

Postby mark hay » January 1st, 2009, 7:18 am

can you hear this skinny man crying?    yes it's over , by law , temporarily,
it'll never be over till they put me in the ground.

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 1st, 2009, 9:55 am

i know someone that could keep mine goin' for a few more days if hewould be so kind..hint...hint...

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 1st, 2009, 11:12 am

Hey TC, am I a member of that club? [;)]

Go get um, help that Marine have a great time. I know you and Buster will make it happen.

Earl  

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 2nd, 2009, 7:38 am

good luck frank !!!! & sick'em buster

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » January 2nd, 2009, 9:23 am

I ate my fall tags.  I got one text book bust and kee-kee, but the boss hen out boss-hen'ed me.  Tried some ambush sites, but freak snow storms / biblical rains changed their patters and there wasn't enough time to learn the new ones.  Of course, opening day of deer season, it was party time in the woods for them.  oh well.  I got some hard learned lessons in patience, though. 

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 3rd, 2009, 1:38 am

Let me give the excuse first. [:D] Been trying to train a turkey dog this fall here in VA. Although close a couple of times the dog just has a little self contol problem in the blind. Will have that corrected by next fall. Although one morning I called a couple gob's off the roost and the one flew down in front of me about 20 yards while I was working the other one up the hill in front of me. It rattled me a little and it took off running to my right. First the safety would not click off so I missed the first good opening for a shot. Well got the safety off and the bird was approching a nicer opening to my right about 25 yards. Lets just say my old torso does not twist as good as it used to when I was younger from the sitting position. Well lets just say I know for a fact I shot at least 2 foot behind the bird. Not even a feather. Although I did see him sh!! when he went airborn as to say, you know.

Although when I went to KY Frank and Buster pulled my butt out of the slump and ened up with 2 birds there. Will post picture tonight.

IMAGE http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/midlandturkey/Busters20Turkeys2001312.jpg[/IMAGE]

Of course the good looking one is Buster, the one on the left is Frank and then yours truely.

Earl

mark hay

Postby mark hay » January 18th, 2009, 1:32 pm

two doubles ,,,,i like them  both.
congrats!,,,,,,,,,,,with envy

PreviousNext

Return to Fall Hunting