Good DVD's

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
greyghost

RE: Good DVD's

Postby greyghost » January 2nd, 2009, 2:34 am

Massturkey1, A lot of folks will disagree with me. I do not put a lot of stock in the VHS and DVD's. All though some do have their merits, I would suggest to get to know a local turkey hunter with a good reputation to show you the basics and all. Today it is not like it was years ago when no information was being let out.

Good advice by mark hay and gobblerman and the treetop tukey DVD.

Denny Gulvis has a couple good informational tapes out, he is from PA.

Hold off on DVD's or VHS tapes. I have a ton of them I got for free from guiding the Primo's, Hunting the Country, and a few others at Quantico. You pretty much name it I got it.

I normally lend them out but if you want to just pay postage I will send some you may want to look at based on others opinions and suggestions. Just save you a few bucks, I do not know what they are selling for today. Check E-Bay, there may be some good deals there also.

PM me if you are interested I will help you out with what I can.

Also some good books are Mcilhenny, Everitt, Davis and Turpin put out by Old Masters who Lovett Williams now has the rights to. I believe he still has copies for sale.

Earl

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 2nd, 2009, 2:36 am

Sorry Morgan I seen I must have been typing when you posted about Gulvis. Great minds think alike. [;)]

Earl

TNTurkey

Postby TNTurkey » January 2nd, 2009, 7:02 am

Where do you get the Denny Gulvis video? I'm gearing up for spring and always ready to learn something new. 
     The Turkey Tactics video is great especially for a first time hunter. I think a lot of hunters would benefit from it. One of the things it stresses is being still until your ready to make the shot.  I know I have blown it several times with the bird only a few yards outside my range. That tip, and the set ups have really helped me bag more birds.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 2nd, 2009, 7:21 am

TNTurkey, I will get you the info on the Gulvis tapes tonight. Unless Morgan or someone has it handy.

Earl

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 2nd, 2009, 1:33 pm

Denny Gulvas
353 Greenwood Cemetery Rd.
DuBois, PA  15801
(814) 371-6555

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » January 2nd, 2009, 3:42 pm

I have two VHS tapes by Dick kirby, Hunting spring gobblers 1 & 2. They are pretty good, I don't  know if they are on DVD or not.

TNTurkey

Postby TNTurkey » January 3rd, 2009, 8:15 am

Thanks for the info. on Denny, but is there a web site where I can get more info? I like to look before I leap.

Thanks Again!

deja vu

Postby deja vu » January 3rd, 2009, 8:29 am

There are short descriptions of his videos at midwestturkeycall.com Look in the book/video section. Heres a short bio from the realtree pro staff page...

Denny Gulvas

Denny Gulvas of DuBois, Pennsylvania, is one of Realtree's original pro staffers. Having followed the Professional Turkey Calling Circuit throughout the country for many years, Denny has won all the major titles including the Grand Nationals. He's a 3-time Master Invitational Champion, a 4-time U.S. Open Champion and the Pennsylvania State Champion, not to mention a host of other state and regional titles.
A wildlife video producer, Denny has spent more than 37 years studying and filming all aspects of the wild turkey with a specialization in the vocal communications of this grand game bird. As a major turkey call manufacturer, the unique Gulvas Diaphragm Mouth Calls have been successfully used throughout the country both in the field and on the competitive stages. As a highly regarded authority on the hunting and voice of the wild turkey, Denny presents exciting and unique video-assisted seminars throughout the country helping today's turkey hunters better understand this very challenging sport.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 3rd, 2009, 5:09 pm

ORIGINAL: TNTurkey

Thanks for the info. on Denny, but is there a web site where I can get more info? I like to look before I leap.

Thanks Again!

Go ahead and leap. They are good, no make that excellent, instructional videos.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion