CANT WAIT FOR SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mossberg835

CANT WAIT FOR SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Mossberg835 » January 29th, 2012, 1:52 pm

I am so excited for turkey season. I am going to be hunting with my buddy from school and will finally be able to hunt a piece of property that has turkeys on it in the spring! He has shot some nice ones over the years and says there is one tom they call "The General".
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

JALA Strut

Re: CANT WAIT FOR SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby JALA Strut » March 25th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Yep, Mossberg I'm pumped for the season too...Come on May 1st! I won't be hunting too far from you. I'll be up on Italy Hill in Yates County, Good luck with the General...hope you guys take him!

tex3012

Postby tex3012 » March 27th, 2012, 9:21 am

Me too.. I daydream at work, which distracts me so much, i seem to mess up something every spring before the season.. well lets just say i have earned ONE free pass come this spring.. !! And thats my obsession..
--------------------
twitter @fishinreport
-------------------

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » March 29th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Only a month away guys, and counting. and my birthday is tomorrow so that should be nice. Cant wait to hear that first gobble of the season :D
and tex3012, you will be hunting up towards my friend nate. he hunts hi tor because public land is right across the road from his house, and italy hill aint too far from his house

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 1st, 2012, 7:37 am

well today is April 1st 30 more days the weather is back to normal cool and damp . have been seeing a few really good toms out there strutting . any of you guys doing a youth season hunt. hope you had a good birthday Mossy

retranger

Postby retranger » April 1st, 2012, 4:33 pm

I went to the local sport shop to see if they would get some kind of a youth season contest going. I was going to mount the tail fan for the winner or how ever they wanted to use it but was not very successful. I have been talking to a couple of new hunters but they didn't seem interested in any information I had. It is back to more weather again here. The ground has been covered with snow the last couple of mornings.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 2nd, 2012, 3:02 pm

it's to bad that they didn't take you up on what you were willing to do .i find when talking to new guys to hunting because of t.v shows they already have a preconcide idea of how to hunt turkeys . they watch the 'pros' and think that's the way it's done you need all the stuff to succeed and don't work on the basics of calling and how to setup but believe me Doug after a few years of failure then they will want to hear what advice you have to offer.. wayne

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 2nd, 2012, 3:56 pm

thanks Grizz, it was very enjoyable, and to top it off, i caught a 19.5 inch female Rainbow Trout on opening day. man i love those fingerlakes 'bows. But anyways, i saw a big group of turkeys the other day on the way home, couldnt tell what all they were but it got me pumped and excited :D

Return to New York