what will you do , come spring season

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
trkyklr

RE: what will you do , come spring season

Postby trkyklr » December 31st, 2008, 5:40 am

all yotes should be shot @ every chance you get,i have to agree with JPH about a shotgun blast not effecting a turkey that much, i know just about everyone has seen the videos of the survivor turkey running back in to your set up to beat up the one you just shot,ive seen it twice first hand,i think what usually makes the flock head for the hills after the shot is that big camo body running out to collect his prize

shaman

Postby shaman » January 4th, 2009, 1:50 am

I think this pretty much says it all.  Nobody hunts my property without permission-- I don't care how many legs you have.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 4th, 2009, 2:54 am

kill a coyote  save a turkey....deer.....rabbit...ect...ect.... ect....they are the bullys of the forest [:@]

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 4th, 2009, 2:55 am

Shaman, that is a great picture and even better statment. [:D]

I would shot the yote.

Earl

mark hay

Postby mark hay » January 4th, 2009, 3:23 am

SHAMAN,
well done and well said .
looks like you took out more than 1 by killin' that female.

OsceWood

Postby OsceWood » January 4th, 2009, 4:16 am

Dead yote

shaman

Postby shaman » January 4th, 2009, 4:23 am

I was particularly mad that season.  If you check my other post from this morning, I had 2 zekes encroaching on my property throwing out ridiculously loud calls.  I finally caught them and had the state police haul them off.  I was in the middle of that whole mess when this one decided to stalk me on my way in to my set-up in the dark.

Here's the rest of the story:

http://www.blackholecoffeehouse.com/turkey3.htm

Now fast forward to deer season.  I was on my way out to my stand in the dark one morning  along the same track, and about the same place as this and all of a sudden that same alarm went off in my head.

DANG!

I turned around and threw the beam of the flashlight in the direction I was being followed.

"You  Son of a bitch!!!"  I growled (you can say it when it's accurate!)

"If you think you can come on this property and hunt without my say so, you are sorrowfully mistaken.  I'll leave you out for the buzzards , the same way I did to your sister.  Now leave before I do something!!!"

I then crouched and made a few steps towards the sound I had heard. Something back in the cedars decided at that point to break and run.

I had one other opportunity at the yotes this Fall.  My dogs were out playing in the back yard before season started and two coyotes came out of the bottoms and started stalking them.  I went in the house, brought out my 30-06 bolt gun and tried a shot on one about 250 yards out with the barrel poking outside the back bedroom window.  I missed, but I think I sent a clear message.

One other incident:  Back over Memorial Day Weekend, I took Angus, my youngest out for a father/son campout.  This was the trip where I showed him how to build his own campfire and cook is own food.  Along about 0430 that morning, the coyotes went off about 40 yards from the tent.  Lily, the beagle, was along, and she crawled into the bottom of my sleeping bag and would not come out.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion