box calls

Support for hopelessly addicted turkey call collectors
Turkeybuster

RE: box calls

Postby Turkeybuster » December 30th, 2008, 5:59 pm

HEY HOOSIERHUNTER

The calls look great nice job!
In the picture of the 4 calls lined up what wood did you use on the call on the far right?
Sure is a good looking call,how does it sound?

Turkeybuster

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » December 31st, 2008, 1:06 am

Hey Tbuster that paddle on the right is Splated Maple, and is very lite and it sounds great too. Those black lines you see are from the spalting process in the maple as it was beginning to decay. The other boxes are a combo of Purple Heart/ Osage Orange/Big Leaf Maple Burl with Birdseye. I appreciate the kind words fellas.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » January 1st, 2009, 5:00 am

Hello Frank, and Happy New Year to you. I would like to first say that I was really impressed  with the the trumpet you had made for trkydghntr, both its beauty and its ability to mimic such a wide range of turkey vocalizations. I had never used one, obviously, or really paid that much attention to them, until I seen yours and heard it. I will be purchasing one this year, and with my musical talents, probably the next several years trying to become proficient enough to hunt with it. Let me ask you this, where would you rate the difficulty of learning a trumpet, easy, not so easy, moderate, difficult, or extremely difficult. Of course the amount of time one spends practicing with anything, is a direct reflection of proficiency, this I understand. In a week or two I'll contact you for a trumpet quote, I am very interested, and have been lookin around for a couple weeks. A lot of very talented trumpet makers out there.
  I always appreciate it when folks speak kindly of my work, especially my box calls, but I can hardly believe trkydghntr spoke well of my box calls. the smiley face in your post leads me to think that maybe, just maybe, the comment was meant to be facitiuos. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it won't be the first time I've been mistaken, and I'm reasonably sure it won't be the last. Good luck to you and your dogs Frank.

L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF 

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » January 1st, 2009, 11:29 am

It's what I carry in the spring.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » January 1st, 2009, 11:37 am

Oh, by the way,trkydghtr, thanks for the good word about the box calls, I hope you'll forgive my insolence.

L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF 

Previous

Return to Call Collecting