knight and hale halefire

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
bamabirdbuster13

knight and hale halefire

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » March 23rd, 2012, 11:14 pm

just got my new knight and hale halefire gobble call. it seems pretty cool. having a bit of a problem with consistency. hopefully it ends up being a producer pretty hard to beat the primos gobbler shaker. anyone out there tried it yet
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

Fan Club

Re: knight and hale halefire

Postby Fan Club » March 26th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Agreed, the Primos Gobble Shaker is going to be hard to beat, especially for volume, I don't care who you are. It's always worked and that's what I'm sticking with.

Haven't tried the Haint or Halefire, but I've watched all of the instructional vids they have on their websites and YouTube. The gobbles they produce all sound too fast in cadence to me, more akin to a duck feeding call or a squirrel chatter.

A gobble, after all, is just a yelp doubled up. You can prove this by raking a paddle back and forth across both rails of a box call, or using a striker with two pegs and moving it back and forth real fast on a piece of slate. I can gobble realistically on my tube call, but the air pressure it takes usually stretches the diaphragm out, which then requires adjustment. To my ear, a bellows style call is the only thing that will approach the volume of a real gobble.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » March 26th, 2012, 4:24 pm

We are never going to perfectly duplicate the gobble as we are never going to perfectly reproduce a hen yelp.. After watching countless you tube videos from the manufactures as well as everyday hunters, the Haint and Halefire are too rapid, the Flextone seems to have a more realistic cadence..

In order of how I think these sounds from various sources.

Flextone
Halefire
Haint

From questions and concerns on forums and Face book. In order of ease of use

Flextone
Hale Fire
Haint

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » March 26th, 2012, 4:39 pm

its a neat call i have to give it that.i dont use a gobble call all that much but when i do i want it to work and be done with it . i still use the primos gobble shaker but like the idea of the hale fire as i feel im making the call with my voice.ive kinda gone back to the basics with calling as i carry 2 slates 1 is back up for damp morings . 3 mouth calls. and a gobble call. so something i cant use as well as another seems to get thrown on the display shelf. there is a jake yelp option with the halfire wich sounds like when i drop the shaker call with the cap off. i dont know how helpfull this sound is or if its better made on another call.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 26th, 2012, 6:52 pm

like with a tube call you are using your voice to make the gobble call make noise on all 3 of the new gobble calls mentioned above unlike the primos gobble shaker that is controled by you pushing & pulling the call to force air pass the reeds...

i can gobble on a mouth call & it sound very much like a tube call gobble... both a mouth call & tube call & i beleave the halefire & maybe the haint you all have to say TICKA TICKA TICKA OR TOKA TOKA TOKA to create the gobble sound & if the gobble is to fast in rhythm it should only take some practice on your part to cure that by slowing down your TOKA TOKA TOKA ???

i remember on the 1st box call i ever bought a hs strut field champion box call a little paper came with it & gave you some tips on how to make certain calls with the boxit said i could hold the box call up-side down & with a rubber band around the box call for tension i could shake the call back & forth like fanclub said &make a gobble...it works ok at best but i makes a gobble sound by basicly doubling up the yelp i guess???

no box call in your call arsenal bamabeardbuster??? im the opposite i carry 2 box calls at least 5 mouth calls maybe my tube call & my push pull call & my primos gobble shaker... i came to realize i never use my slate call??? i guess its because i rarely if ever purr... thats the call i use when i want to make i fighting purr call a slate but to me i never us my slate i differ from most that way as most turkey hunters wont leave home with out there slate??? i on the other hand can not remember the last turkey i called in using the slate call??? i can use a slate call very well & sound good on the call but i just neglect the call out wright!!! i rely on my mouth calls 1st i can use them best of all then my box a close 2nd i use it to reach out to long distance birds... certain box calls have that high pitch that can shake a gobble out of birds when every other call i have wont do a thing...???

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 26th, 2012, 10:24 pm

I like using a deep throated raspy box call the best. For the reasons, you control the speed, the tone, and the pitch of your gobbles. You can also run it with deep clucks and raspy yelps of a Jake, and you can't do that with the new calls or a shaker. A Jake yelp n gobble is one of your most effective gobbles that you can use. A box call is so much more versatile.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » March 27th, 2012, 12:57 am

I love my Primos gobbler shaker! I use it to locate birds and that shaker will usually work everytime.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » March 29th, 2012, 4:29 pm

ive bought box calls in the past but never carry em in the woods because i was never really confident in the sounds i make. my dad taught me to call and he never used a box so neither did i. i plan on buying some boxes including a gobble box from a call maker in my town. my Come Here Tuh Me slate is just as important to me as my facemask. its a slate over aluminum and it just works for me .

Return to Calling