i think its over

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
trkyklr

i think its over

Postby trkyklr » December 30th, 2008, 11:12 am

well i think that most everyones fall seasons are over so lets here some recaps on everyones season.

mark hay

RE: i think its over

Postby mark hay » December 30th, 2008, 2:27 pm

season closed 30 days ago,,,,but if the law would allow , i'd spend another 24.00 to be able to turkey hunt ONE MORE DAY!!
i just love tellin' big lies to ol' tom .

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 30th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Hey trkyklr

1 Super Jake 6" Beard it was a tough season at least for me here in Pa.
There was no mass crop to speak of and the birds stayed in the fields.
Weather was exceptionally warm and there were a lot of grasshoppers.
Hope you had a good season.

Turkeybuster

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » December 30th, 2008, 7:09 pm

I took 4 days the last week in October in my favorite area in NY with my brothers. They had a freak snow storm, dumped 18-20 inches of snow and very high winds. We got out for a few hours in the morning. My brother and I found some tracks crossing a wood road and ended up flushing a gobbler flock of about 8 birds or so. The trees were crashing all around and we had to get out of the woods.Two weeks later I returned alone and went in where we flushed the gobblers. It was dead quiet, so I eased in towards the ridge and made a soft yelp. To my surprise my hat nearly flipped off my head with a booming gobble. My heart started pounding, { I hope that never stops} and he was closing the distance. A few more clucks and he was mine. Nice adult gobbler, I couldn't wait to call my brother so I pulled out my cell phone and called him while the bird was still flopping. It was the next best thing to having him with me. The whole thing took less than a half hour.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » December 30th, 2008, 10:25 pm

did'nt have much luck during fall season. i wish n.y would reopen turkey season after deer season closes say to the 31st of jan. but that's just a dream.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » December 31st, 2008, 12:54 am

Pretty good fall season, took 3 birds in 3 states, though I was utterly beat down to a whimperin mush by them Tn.birds, although did get to visit with the KNisely family and some other call customers, and that was enjoyable. Indiana- 1 hen, shotgun.. Kentucky- 1, jake w/bow..1 hen w/shotgun.. Tennesse- saw 9 longbeards at 3/8 mile ate tag soup.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » December 31st, 2008, 2:41 am

'08 was great in the turkey woods for me,my best year ever by far!                        

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » December 31st, 2008, 3:13 am

Yes falls over and winter has started there are some states that offer late season hunts.....so if you crave turkeyhunting check the nwtf guide for a break down of seasons for all the states........happy new years ......and good hunting to all[:)]

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 31st, 2008, 4:10 am

yes sir , it's over . been a very good year for me . fortunate to witness the birds doing things i'd only heard or read about. left boot prints in a lot of new places . worked a lot of birds and bumped a few also. little by little my knowledge of the birds , both spring and fall is improving. i'm tending to really like the fall season more than spring ,,,but i won't ever stop spring hunting ,,,,as long as i'm able , i'll be tellin' lies to them ol' toms.
i got started on this forum back in August and have really enjoyed ''TALKIN' TURKEY ''with everyone.
''old school turkey tactics''

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 31st, 2008, 10:40 am

HEY TURKYKLR

Congradulations on a super season I must have been hunting two hollers over the other way.
 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND EVERYBODY ON THE SITE!!!!

Turkeybuster

Next

Return to Fall Hunting