GUNS

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
linda hay

GUNS

Postby linda hay » December 21st, 2008, 4:27 am

well fellas with this new president and the way the country is falling apart will we be able to keep our guns?? they are taking everything else from us . our rights especially and i for one don't like it.i would hate to see what would happen if they come door to door and ask for them. i don't hunt but do target practice with mark and i want my gun for protection. the way things look to me we'll need them just so we don't get robbed blind. by the way ask mark what happends when we go target practicing.
                                                                      turkey fryer

Gobblerman

RE: GUNS

Postby Gobblerman » December 21st, 2008, 5:04 am

First of all, welcome to the forum, Linda....it's good to have you here to give us the perspective of the "turkey hunter's widow"!  Make sure you keep that low-down hubby of yours in line for us!

Having seen these discussions about guns and politics (et.al.) brought up on other forums, and the emotional responses that take place, I am more than a little bit reluctant to say much about it.  I have discussed these things with friends and acquaintances ad nauseum and I would just ask one question:  What do you think would happen in this country if the government suddenly declared..."we are going to take all of your guns away?"

Jim

linda hay

Postby linda hay » December 21st, 2008, 7:07 am

well jim! i hadn't really thought about it. but i would say alot of people would be getting shot for trying to get their guns, they would run out of jail space and alot of people would be hiding their guns. maybe it was a sore subject for some and i know everyone has thier own appinion. hope i didn't ruffle to many feathers over this.
                                              linda

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 21st, 2008, 3:16 pm

HI TURKEY FRYER

My son works part time for a major sporting good's chain and since the election they are haveing a hard time keeping guns in the stores.
Hand guns and tactical guns seem to be the best sellers.
I'am sure you will not see these guns in the turkey woods.
There are also a lot of first time buyers that tells the story.

Turkeybuster

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion