Son coming home from Afghanistan

Have a question about the Turkey and Turkey Hunting forum? You'll find the answers here.

Moderator: Brian Lovett

Murfreesboro1

Son coming home from Afghanistan

Postby Murfreesboro1 » March 23rd, 2012, 8:39 pm

My son is coming home from Afghanistan after a year of service to our country. I would appreciate it if anyone with land and Turkeys would email me at jwcedargknls@gmail.com if he can hunrt your land in TN. He just wants to get in the woods and relax. He is 32 and a very good hunter. He calls really well. He went on a hunt on a friend's property and killed a 28 lb Turkey with 3 beards. The friend has moved to W Virginia.

Thank you!!!

John

dewey

Re: Son coming home from Afghanistan

Postby dewey » March 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm

First tell your son thank you for his service. I wish I could help but I hunt in MN so that might be a little bit far for you guys. Welcome to the forum and I hope you guys get a chance to hunt this spring. Have you looked into any public land at all?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 24th, 2012, 1:02 am

What part of TN is he in? If he is not to far away I could give him a hand in KY.

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » March 24th, 2012, 10:57 am

John welcome to the forum and welcome back to your son and a thank you for his service. It is great your son is making it home safe. You can try knocking on a few doors to get permission. Ask people you know from work or church if they know of any property. I am sorry I can't be anymore help.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

gooseberry

Postby gooseberry » September 10th, 2012, 6:29 pm

I'm in PA and I can't be of any help. I'm very happy for you and your son that he is coming home to you safely. Tell him I'm very grateful to him for helping to keep me free.

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 11th, 2012, 1:36 am

First, to echo what the guys have already said, tell your son thank you for his service. Too many people have forgotten why and who is fighting for us across the pond. I haven't forgotten and never will. If I was closer I would totally help but unfortunately I live in NY. I wish you and your son the best man. :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Return to Welcome to the Turkey and Turkey Hunting Forum