Fall Turkey's in Pa.

mark hay

RE: Fall Turkey's in Pa.

Postby mark hay » November 22nd, 2008, 12:00 am

congrats on your success. i couldn't do that good with the photo . i can barely get the machine to come on . but i must say it looks more like a two hundred pound  jake from where i'm sitting . just kiddin'. good job mister.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 7th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Good bird MAK
The birds were hard to find this year in my area due to lack of the mass
crop,they werent in there normal haunts,
They stayed in the fields feeding on insects.
Had to change stratigies some but did manage to get a super jake.
18lbs.6"beard but it was probably the toughest hunting I had since the early 70's.
Congrats. Turkeybuster!

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 9th, 2008, 11:31 am

hey turkeybuster
what method did you use to get your bird within range?

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » December 11th, 2008, 3:49 pm

HI MARK
I used a Box Call on this bird there were two of them and they came in silent not even a cluck.
It was another tough day and I was covering a lot of ground running and gunning I stopped at
the highest point of the mountain to call and got lucky.
We have had a lot of heavy rain today and in my travels today I came across 35 birds 2mi. below
the house in a field.
Seems like they won't leave the fields!

Turkeybuster

Wizz

Postby Wizz » February 20th, 2009, 6:10 pm

These are fall birds from the opening day and the first Saturday.  The first picture is of my nephew and his bird that I called in for him. The second picture is of my brother and I on the opening day. A true double that we team worked into the decoys. A little different turkey strategy than the usual, the waterfowler came in me and it worked! I think were on to something new here. Its the fourth time it worked for us since implementing it, twice in the spring and twice in the fall.    

wvcengr

Postby wvcengr » May 26th, 2009, 11:10 am

I just wanted to put this out here in case anyone recognized the sketch of this hunter.  http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=59211 He is wanted in questioning about a shooting of another hunter.  The sketch is of a turkey hunter that was in the Stonewall Jackson Lake Area, in Roanoke, WV, who also mentioned they enjoyed bow fishing for carp.  The hunter was with another gentlemen and they drove a small truck with PA tags, a wooden canoe rack, and a metal canoe that was used to row from the boat dock acress the lake, to the area where the hunter was killed.     

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania