giddy as a skool girl

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
trkyklr

giddy as a skool girl

Postby trkyklr » December 10th, 2008, 12:26 pm

man im stoked!! 2 more days & its back in the woods chasing birds for 7 days straight!!

mark hay

RE: giddy as a skool girl

Postby mark hay » December 10th, 2008, 12:51 pm

DA'GUMMIT ,,,,YOU'RE GONNA HAVE ME CRYIN'!!!!
I'm 'bout to bust. It's like bein' 8 yrs old again,and all my brothers and the local kids are all sled ridin' while i'm sittin' in the out house with the screamin' skitters!!
YOU BOYS HAVE A GOOD HUNT!

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » December 10th, 2008, 2:09 pm

heres some photos check em out....... scroll right check out the other pic and the video of bubba the turkeydog[:)]....  http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/turkeydoghunter/?action=view&current=What_your_Step_-_Hunt-1.jpg

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » December 11th, 2008, 3:58 am

nice pics ron

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » December 11th, 2008, 4:01 am

boy hay you are bringin back some memories,i miss going sleding as a kid in the state of ohio.not much snow here in tn.oh yeah i miss that ol'candy truck up there also, when we were kids it would come by the old farm house every saturday morning & we would line up to walk thru it & buy some candy

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 11th, 2008, 11:22 am

a turkey hunter with a sweet tooth,,,,,,,now don't that beat all?
yesterday , on my way home from work , i spied 6 , two yr old gobblers in a picked bean field,,,,, 10 minutes from where i was raised. never thought i'd see a sight like that .

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » December 11th, 2008, 11:24 am

could you hunt them come spring?

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 11th, 2008, 11:33 am

hey turkeydoghunter,,,,nice pics
hope you fellers have a great time next week in tenn. i'll be thinkin' of you all as i sit here in ''out of season ohio'' , eat up with envy.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 11th, 2008, 1:14 pm

evnin' Ken
I could probably secure permission on that farm as the owner has let me hunt squirrels and song dogs in the past. but i'm too spoiled where i'm hunting now . i grew up over in that flat country and to be honest , don't even enjoy driving through it now . clinton co. ohio is mostly as flat as a table top and the ticks and chiggers are thick as hair on a muskrat. i just happen to have the blood type that both of them vermin prefer. No , i think i'll stay in the hills where i've experienced less parasites and if i bump a bird , well , i can just cross over to the other side of the ridge.
i fell in love with the HILLS when i was very young and i don't think that will ever change.               makes my skin crawl just rememberin' the times as a child i'd get covered up with them chiggers ,,,,my legs looked like i'd been shot with a turkey load at ,,,oh ,,say 50 yrds.

SamuraiTater

Postby SamuraiTater » December 11th, 2008, 5:49 pm

trkyklr, you sound like a kid at Christmas.  We don't have a fall season here in SC.  [:(]

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion