bow hunting turkeys??

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
BigTom

bow hunting turkeys??

Postby BigTom » April 3rd, 2011, 10:08 am

I have a question about bowhunting turkeys. When you got a big tom coming in, and gives you the perfect 10 yd shot where do you aim? Can i get some help trying to figure this out. Thankyou
gobbler buster

xcal1ber

RE: bow hunting turkeys??

Postby xcal1ber » April 3rd, 2011, 12:05 pm

In what ive read man, if he comes in full strut and turns his back to you then you can put one right up the butt hole... but if theyre broadside then you need to try and aim for the joint where the wing meets the body....there was a saying i seen on bow hunting turkeys..."Aim high, watch em die. Aim low watch em go." I hope this helps
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

retranger

RE: bow hunting turkeys??

Postby retranger » April 3rd, 2011, 1:28 pm

I started hunting with a bow 3 years ago and thinking about a turkey but I think the first one will be with the gun. Our fall turkey season runs with bow season for deer but haven't had a chance at one yet. I have read what xcal1ber has said also the first choice is a head shot, (not for me) and the next I read was where the leg joins the body, they claim a turkey needs his legs to take flight and that also would be in the vitals. The wing would do the same. Good luck to you!!!!
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to Shooting