First Time Turkey Hunter in Mass

Massturkey

First Time Turkey Hunter in Mass

Postby Massturkey » December 5th, 2008, 2:41 pm

I live in the northern part of Massachusetts along the NH border.  I will be Turkey hunting for the first time in the Spring and was wondering if any one had some tips or good areas to hunt Gobblers in Massachusetts.  I was thinking about the Wildlife Management Area on the Dunstable/Tyngsboro line.....

Steve_In

RE: First Time Turkey Hunter in Mass

Postby Steve_In » December 5th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Welcome Dan.  Try your DNR web site.  Sometimes if you really dig around you can find harvest stats and even hunter density for areas in your state.  Also helps to check if they offer or require draw type hunts.  They may list the biologist in your state and they can give a lot of info.  Start scouting early and often.  Keep coming to this site there is a wholebunch of knowlege.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 6th, 2008, 12:47 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM MASSTURKEY
I CAN'T IMPROVE ON STEVES RECOMMENDATIONS.
GOOD HUNTING ,,,,,,,,,,,,LET'S TALK TURKEY

Massturkey

Postby Massturkey » December 6th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Steve_In and mark,

I appreciate your replies I have been religiously checking the Massachusetts Wildlife website for new information.  The Wildlife Management area that i was speaking of just opened last year so i'm hoping that come Spring Tom season that it will be a good spot, but i do plan to scout a couple days before the snow flies around here and continue to scout til the season starts.  Anything specific that i should be scouting for besides Tom himself?  Thanks again.

Return to Massachusetts