jon 85,,first fall bird

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
mark hay

RE: jon 85,,first fall bird

Postby mark hay » December 1st, 2008, 5:04 am

hello trkyklr
i ain't got a clue to what causes multiple beards . BUT THEY SURE ARE NEAT!!!.         I'LL BE BACK LATER ,,,,,got to get back in the stand

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 3rd, 2008, 1:39 pm

standing in the local sportin' goods store one evenin' talkin' wit the clerk and a real customer came up and asked the clerk(an aged man) if he knew anything about [email=#%%@&!***type]#%%@&!***type[/email] gun,,,the ol' feller spoke without any hessitation,,,'' YEP, I'M AN EXPERT,,,I GOT A BOOK''
that being told , i ain't got a book to KNOW why or how it happens. but! if speculation is allowed , it's probably caused by a scratch on the skin in the general area of the beards growth,,,you know, a scratch made by an unfortunate CRACKIN' OF THE EGG during the hatch. or a near death experience with the lower , left fang of a song dog or 'coon.
WHO YOU CALLIN' WINDY?
I AIN'T GOT A BOOK , BUT I DO HAVE A NEW ISSUE OF T&TH TODAY.

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » December 4th, 2008, 7:27 am

whats the [!@$%#$!@^&*%^@#] all about ? a scratch?could be,ive always been told that it was from a bearded hen (an over abundance of male hormones)

ive always been told that a bearded hen is caused by male hormones in her & when she lays gobbler eggs they have an over abundance of male hormones,makes since to me but i wish i could get a true scientific answer,anybody out there in the turkey world know for sure?

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » December 4th, 2008, 10:43 am

Congrats on your successful venture!!!!
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 4th, 2008, 12:13 pm

thanks DMCIANFA
it was another fine learning experience for jon and myself. jon has an addiction to fishing like we have the turkey huntin' cravins'.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion