Fall Gobbling

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
steelheadr

Fall Gobbling

Postby steelheadr » November 7th, 2008, 4:09 am

Went bowhunting for deer two days ago.  Got in the standd and got ready a gobble let loose in the woods. A few minutes later another gobble.  Got my gobble tube out and gave a shake. For two and half hours he gobbled all over the hill but never showed himself to me. He must have gobbled 30 to 40 times.  I've had tons of spring turkey days where I heard less,  much less gobbles or nothing. I even passed up a small buck because I was more interested in the tom.  It was beautiful. Priceless

Morgan

RE: Fall Gobbling

Postby Morgan » November 7th, 2008, 7:53 am

We had 3 go to gobbling after a bust a couple weeks ago.....me and them went at it for about an hour....
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » November 7th, 2008, 11:38 am

it must be nation wide, because i heard birds gobble 3 days in a row this past week

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » November 8th, 2008, 12:51 am

they dont forget how to gobble ! ive seen them strutt too .....one time when i was bow hunting a crow went off and shocked a tom into gobbling.....[:)]

shaman

Postby shaman » November 15th, 2008, 12:58 am

I've heard them gobble all year round-- not much, but enough.  There's a big fella that hangs out on a hill just off my property to the south that hammers nearly every morning.  I heard him last just a week ago. He's also the one that gobbles until Noon or so every day in the Spring, but won't come down of his little knob to meet me. There are some days I think that bird was just put on this Earth to torment me.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » November 17th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Fall Gobbling!!!! 11-14-08 had one gobbling on the limb 3times.. He hit the ground and the lead hen started the assembly call.. He started gobbling again he probably gobbled 15 times all together..Can't wait until spring... I know where he lives.....
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion