???CAN I BUY A NON RESIDENT TURKEY LICENSE???

turkey junky

???CAN I BUY A NON RESIDENT TURKEY LICENSE???

Postby turkey junky » March 14th, 2012, 3:18 pm

hey guys whats up??? got a quick question about buying my non resident spring turkey license for wisconsin???

ok i just went on-line & tried to purchase my spring turkey license & after i put in all my correct info & got to the page wear i buy my license THERE WASNT A DAMN SPRING TURKEY LICENSE FOR ME TO BUY??? there was general deer & general fishing & every other damn license BUT THERE WAS NO BUY SPRING TURKEY LICENSE HERE LINK???

am i wasting my time or what??? THIS IS REALLY PISS N ME OFF NO DAMN SPRING TURKEY LICENSE TO BUY ON-LINE WHAT THE HELL??? ill be going back on for the 3rd-4th time today & see if im miss n anything??? i dont want to drive over to cheese land & buy a license i can or am supposed to be able to buy on-line??? mite just have to skip WI this season im not impressed with all the set backs & BS aka hoops im having to jump threw to obtain a DAMN license??? should be EZ...

also i will be leaving for a early hunt in nebraska come march 24 the same day all the left-over tags go on sale a tag a day so my question is i will be gone that day & i will be gone the next 5 days so do you all think that i would be able to still get a turkey tag if i dont buy 1 on march 24??? do you all think that there will be a few tags left over for season D unit 1 come april 1st or so??? im trying to buy 2 tags for may 2 - may 8 1 on march 19 & another once i get back from the nebraska archery hunt april 1 or so do u all think ill have a good shot at doing that or should i wait around come march 24 & just buy my 2nd tag then head off to nebraska???

any help on the NON RESIDENT BUYING A LICENSE THING WOULD BE APPRECIATED
LIKE I SAID THERE WAS NO LINK FOR ME TO BUY A SPRING TURKEY LICENSE???

turkey junky

Re: ???CAN I BUY A NON RESIDENT TURKEY LICENSE???

Postby turkey junky » March 14th, 2012, 3:51 pm

just went on-line again & same ol BS no section saying non resident spring turkey license??? so i called the license center & got no damn help they started saying i need to apply to even buy a license/stamp witch is un-true!!! so the lady went on-line & put my info in & she had same trouble not section for me to even buy a license if i wanted to??? i then got transferd over to the WIDNR servise center for help & got no help there either!!! the lady said you cant buy a tag till march 20 wrong day any way but i told her what about buying my license & stamp now she said you can do that now sir if you want to??? i asked her to look it up on-line & she came back with a responce of i dont know what to tell you sir they should be available for you to buy but there seems to be no link for you to buy a license??? she said best i can tell you is check back in tomarrow & or the next day & things should be up & running again??? what the hell???

they need to get there you know what together across the border this is just plain stupid

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 14th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Ya know...nobody likes to read that kind of stuff. Settle down.

I bought mine yesterday with no problems at all.

I think you do need to have drawn a tag in the regular draw to purchase a license at this time. The license has the unit and period you hunt on it. Or you have to wait until the leftovers go on sale next week.
Last edited by Treerooster on March 14th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 14th, 2012, 5:39 pm

There was a system change/update this year; you can only buy a license early if drawn-- in the past you could buy the stamp and license in advance of the OTC sale. Which start for unit 1 on 3/19 (Monday). There are more tags this year than ever before so you should not have any trouble getting one.
You can buy additional tags while in NE by using your cell or any computer you have access to. I've bought tags many times from the field while hunting out of state.
Good luck in NE.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 14th, 2012, 8:22 pm

you know what treerooster then don't respond if you don't like what you read man?

should of just asked e mailed charlie any way... sorry to offend you all that get hurt feelings...

WIDNR should be able to answer such simple questions guess thats to much to ask???
ill just wait till march 19th i guess if i head across the border at all...

thanks charlie i need the luck as i mite have to go for the nebraska slam eastern rio & merriams this season...???

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 14th, 2012, 8:41 pm

just tried again using treeroosters link got the same deal once i put in all my in & get to the menu to pick what license i want to buy wild turkey isnt even on the list... it must be the non residents cant even buy there license & stamp till saterday???

if i cant buy my license or stamp on-line come saterday after 10:00 am ?dont know what the plan is most likely nebraska again??? or have to head over early to WI to get a license OTC some place??? would rather have my tag & scout instead but hope the license dealer is on the way??? or close by??? ill have to look that up now i guess???

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 15th, 2012, 2:31 am

I just checked it out and it let me in? I brought up the online licenes page, then clicked on the LICENES TYPES... That brought up another page and I clicked on NON-RESIDENT, that bought up another page. Then scrole down to the SPRING TURKEY LICENES and click on BUY ONLINE.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 15th, 2012, 10:58 am

willowridgecalls i to can get to that point its when i click on buy a spring turkey license then it send you to a page wear u have to check a box that asks if you are a resident or non resident then i asks if ur a US citizen after that you punch in ur WIDNR info & it shows your name adress & what how it will show up on ur license then after thats all done it sends you to a page wear you just have to pick your license you want to buy then check out... on that last page the on-line licensing center has there is no spring turkey as a choice have you gone this far willowridgecalls??? if & you are a non resident then it mite just be my computer/luck??? but i did not draw a tag or apply im am simply trying to buy my wisconsin spring turkey license/stamp early & get used to buying my tag on-line for WI hasnt been EZ ill tell you that... hope it get figured out by march 19th if not ill have to hope & wish that there will still be a tag available for me and my father to buy OTC the day B4 our season some wear in wisconsin??? but if i cant buy my license on-line B4 my hunt in wisconsin i really dont want to hope/wish there will still be some tags left??? my luck is there will 2 tags left but they wont have any paper left in there license printer machine & id have to drive home instead of hunt
hardest state ive ever had to buy a license for as of yet!!!???

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 15th, 2012, 11:07 am

i just tried again & got the same deal on the last page B4 check the on-line license center has all the license listed i can buy & spring turkey is the only 1 not listed bear deer fishing park stickers/passes but not spring turkey license...???

must be the non resident thing or that i didnt apply B4 hand...??? hope it works for me & the cite is acting write for me come saterday or its nebraska easterns for me may 2 - may 8??? maybe eastern kansas ill just take the 90-105 bucks i was going to give WIDNR & put it towards gas money & head south instead of east just have to add 5 hours to the trip...

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 15th, 2012, 11:20 am

WI changed the system so you can only buy a license in advance of OTC sales if you were drawn for a tag. Starting Monday the 19th at 10 for unit 1 you will have the license purchase option there online actually the tag you select is your license.
The change was made to prevent a license purchase without a valid tag and then that purchaser changing his mind and demanding his money back. No matter what happens after a license is purchased there is no refund.
Take all the info you need to purchase a tag with you and if you want you can call in and buy more tags. I have done this several times while out of state.
With all the tags available this year for unit 1 it would surprise me if they sell out all that fast with the exception of time C & maybe D but D has 9,682 tags that is almost twice the number as past years. Seasons E&F don’t usually sell out at all.

WDNR will sell you a license; don’t worry about that.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Wisconsin