One suggestion

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
Yelp softly

One suggestion

Postby Yelp softly » October 22nd, 2008, 6:50 pm

Overall you guys produce a great magazine.  I quit reading deer hunting magazines years ago because you can only recycle the same articles so many times.  Every magazine typically has the same articles year after year, How to Hunt the Rut, or 10 Tips to Help You Fill Your Tag.  I just have one suggestion.  I'd like to see more articles on Do-It-Yourself hunting trips.  This month's article on hunting Indian Reservations is a great example.  I wished I had read that prior to my last 2 trips to South Dakota.  That's a long way to travel for one bird.  Some of your writers share small tidbits about their personal trips, but not enough info to make the average reader feel confident about planning a trip on their own to that particular state.

With turkey season opening first here in the Deep South and gradually progressing northward as the calendar rolls forward, the traveling turkey hunter is becoming more commonplace.  I know this is somewhat like asking a fisherman to reveal his favorite "honey hole", but some info profiling some public spots would be good.  Send an editor to Alabama next Spring and I'll start you off with one of our best Wildlife Management Areas.

trkyklr

RE: One suggestion

Postby trkyklr » October 23rd, 2008, 9:08 am

thats a good suggestion,then move that feller a little north & ill put him on a killer management area in TN

KEN

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » October 24th, 2008, 2:25 am

After the Tn. hunt send him north to the Hoosier state and well put him on some nice public land hunts here. Sounds like a good article is simmering here on  how to travel from state to state hunting public birds on a budget.
                                                       GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
                                                                         L.K.LESLIE

rutnstrutgamecalls

Postby rutnstrutgamecalls » July 5th, 2009, 3:46 pm

I remember seeing an article written by Jeff Budz about getting your Grand Slam for less that $2000. It may have been in OL. I called and talked to him and he was very informative on how he does this. He has taken something like 50 Grand Slams to date.
Tim Sandford
rutnstrutgamecalls@juno.com
www.rutnstrutgamecalls.com
NWTF Award Winning Call Maker
NWTF Diamond Life Sponsor Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member
Ducks Unlimited
NRA

wingbone

Postby wingbone » July 6th, 2009, 10:41 am

My question is "How do you become an editor for T & Th magazine?"

Stringbender

Postby Stringbender » March 27th, 2010, 9:32 pm

I  read  the  magazine  from  front  to  back.

One  problem  I  have.  Always,  the  opening  of  an  article.  The  words  are  printed  on  a  background  of  brown  or  some  similar  dark  color  and  makes  it  hard  make  out  what  it  reads  due  to  the  black  letters  that  make  up  the  words.  I  feel  it  would  make  much  better  reading  if  the color  of  the  background  was  changed  to  a  light  color,  or  change  the  words  to  light  color  vise  versa. 
If your lookin' for the good life.
You have to HUNT for it.

Don Stanley
Beaver Dam, KY

FireFly908

Postby FireFly908 » March 28th, 2010, 8:33 am

ORIGINAL: Stringbender

I  read  the  magazine  from  front  to  back.

One  problem  I  have.  Always,  the  opening  of  an  article.  The  words  are  printed  on  a  background  of  brown  or  some  similar  dark  color  and  makes  it  hard  make  out  what  it  reads  due  to  the  black  letters  that  make  up  the  words.  I  feel  it  would  make  much  better  reading  if  the color  of  the  background  was  changed  to  a  light  color,  or  change  the  words  to  light  color  vise  versa. 

Stringbender
You might want to check and see if you have some color blindness, if you haven't done so already. It sounds to me like you might. I looked at some of the back issues and I didn't have any problem reading the opening of any articles but could see when it might be a problem to some people.

Stringbender

Postby Stringbender » April 12th, 2010, 8:38 pm

I recieved  the  new  issue  and  paid  close  attention  to  the  opening  of  stories.  You  are  right  I  must  be  color  blind.  Had  no  problem  at  all  reading  it.  Sorry  my  mistake
If your lookin' for the good life.
You have to HUNT for it.

Don Stanley
Beaver Dam, KY

hawgslayer

Postby hawgslayer » May 5th, 2010, 11:40 am

[:)]
I can give you a new guys opinion on the magazine. I am new to the sport and to this forum. I picked up the spring issue today and I called and bought the next 6 issues. Very few things are what they claim and I find the magazine joins that claim. It's jammed packed with everything that has to do with turkey hunting and equipment. I have found that other magazines have few articles and the rest of it is a catalog.
I hope it continues and remaines the way it is. I will be looking forward to each issue because this long beard thing has gotten under my skin.  
Keep your nose in the wind and your powder dry and become the predator that we are!

longbeard.386

Postby longbeard.386 » October 21st, 2010, 2:20 am

Fellas, I like that idea! Start in Central Florida with an Osceola Hunt. 2011 season starts March 19.

"Remember, you're never too old to have a happy childhood."
Longbeard.386

Next

Return to Magazine Feedback