Favorite Box Call

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
bcknuts

Favorite Box Call

Postby bcknuts » March 10th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Let's just see what everybodys Favorite box call is.I'm love my wood Haven real hen cherry box.Been thinking about getting a Halloren box call anybody like his calls.

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Favorite Box Call

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 10th, 2012, 9:20 pm

I like my Gibson, it's becoming one of my go to calls because of the deep rasp and the gobble it puts out.
Dave makes some very good box calls, that have good rasp and deeper tone to them.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » March 10th, 2012, 11:16 pm

I am getting particularly fond of the long box it is a very versital call due to the long side rails. SS Custom calls makes a good one. It will call soft or loud purr, cluck,kee kee and gobble.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 11th, 2012, 12:54 am

I too like the long box call. Like Turkeybuster said, a wide range on the long rails.

I have a Burrville Bomber (long box) by Tim Fralik, Walnut paddle over Black Limba. Had it since 06 and killed a bunch of gobblers with it.

Got a longbox from Mike Lapp last year and that call is awesome, Canary wood paddle over Butternut. Great cutts and a wide range of yelps.

Got a one-sider short box from Rick White at Stranger Creek Game Calls that I like too. Walnut paddle over Poplar.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

onpoint

Postby onpoint » March 11th, 2012, 9:05 pm

My fav is the Hustlin Hen by Billy White. It'll make all the calls.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » March 12th, 2012, 10:56 am

Interesting nobody going with the name brands.

Bamatrkyhntr

Postby Bamatrkyhntr » March 12th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Good ol Lynchs Foolproof

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 12th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Don't laugh, but I use a Primos wetbox. Only Box call I've ever used. I use it a lot when we're trolling around trying to locate a bird. The waterproof design is real handy on those cold misting days. I usually switch over to a different call once I've located one and gotten set up, but man they will gobble at that wet box when nothing else will get them going.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 12th, 2012, 5:27 pm

my lynch's longbeard that i've had for almost 30 years, mostly a sentimental thing i guess, i about had a stroke a couple years back when i thought i'd lost it in the woods, only to find it in one of the "too many " pockets in my vest.....it's hell to get old
David

You never know, unless you go

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 13th, 2012, 7:08 am

ylpnfol wrote:my lynch's longbeard that i've had for almost 30 years, mostly a sentimental thing i guess, i about had a stroke a couple years back when i thought i'd lost it in the woods, only to find it in one of the "too many " pockets in my vest.....it's hell to get old

:lol: :lol: I hate it when that happens. My favorite box call is from a guy that I work with. Once in a blue moon he will make some calls.
Is it turkey season yet?

Next

Return to Calling