First Fall Bird

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
OakRoadHunter

First Fall Bird

Postby OakRoadHunter » October 19th, 2008, 3:56 pm

This has been my first year turkey hunting and with a fail ended spring its been a long five months of waiting for another shot. I learned allot this past spring though, enough to get me a good hen out of a bunch of about 12 hens that i have been keeping tabs on for a while now. Being new to this forum i just wanted to say how helpful this site has been in helping me build and fine tune my skills in the woods. Thanks you and keep the wisdom flowing [:)]

hoosierhunter

RE: First Fall Bird

Postby hoosierhunter » October 19th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Congrtulations ORH and welcome. You will find a lot of good advice from a lot of good folks here, and I look foward to chattin it up sometime soon.
                                                                 GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
                                                                                   L.K.LESLIE

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 20th, 2008, 1:35 pm

WELL DONE ON THE HUNT and welcome to the forum. I wish I'd had this pleasure of chatting with turkey hunters , scattered across the country ten years ago. keep up the good huntin'.   later      ''ostt''

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » October 20th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Hey Mike,

Congratulations! Now you're really hooked on this sport. I'm glad you decided to hunt this fall and am very happy for your success.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

zipperman351

Postby zipperman351 » October 24th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Way to go Mike,your a step ahead of most of us...Been working a lot of over time and the hunt for me is 60 miles south so hard to get there...hats off to you!!!!zipperman

Return to Fall Hunting