Clubs

grunt_doc

Clubs

Postby grunt_doc » May 9th, 2008, 10:12 am

Do any of you guys know of some local (CNY) turkey hunting organizations?  I need some help advice on my calling, and it's difficult to get that through print.  Stuff like learning how to get clucks to not sound like putts, ect.  Thanks.

Doc

swpatrkyhunter

RE: Clubs

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 9th, 2008, 1:33 pm

Hey grunt!   I know what you mean about clucks sounding like putts. I have the same problem. As for clubs. Did you try contacting your local "National Wild Turkey Ferderation" Chapter? I would think that they may know of some local clubs for you to check out. Also hang out at some sporting shops. Talk to guys there about clubs. Sometime you can see flyers from local clubs in these shops on a bullitan board. Good Luck.

P.s. Maybe try starting your own club. Post a couple flyers up.

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » May 12th, 2008, 3:49 am

yeah, I got some info on the NWTF chapters around here.  I'll check them out.  Thanks.

Doc

joel

Postby joel » October 9th, 2008, 7:24 pm

the nwtf website has call sounds you can listen too for free

Corey Graff

Postby Corey Graff » October 10th, 2008, 4:57 am

Friends: We now have downloadable turkey sounds online that you can listen to for reference, practice or simply to get yourself in the mood. All sounds courtesy of Turkey & Turkey Hunting Contributing Editor Lovett E. Williams, Jr.

Click Here

We also recommend you check out the many fine products that are available from Lovett Williams, including his books and Real Turkeys series of recordings. Click Here to visit Williams' site.

Corey Graff
Online Editor - Outdoors/Firearms
F+W Publications, Inc.
700 East State St.
Iola, WI 54990-0001
t715.445.4612 x13217

deja vu

Postby deja vu » January 3rd, 2009, 4:35 am

I know this topic is from last year, but I`ll add a reply just in case you never got the help you were after.....
I don`t know of any such clubs. It won`t be long now until sport shows/seminars begin to show up. Usually there are guys there that can help with some calling tips. Callmakers or "sometimes" call company promotional staff people will be willing to show thier products, how to use them and what they can do. Pick up a call and ask them what they think?

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 20th, 2009, 4:25 am

go to a contest and watch the open callers ......some are even willing to help you....good luck and remember that even turkeys sound bad at times[:D]

Return to New York