Its almost here...

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
trkyklr

Its almost here...

Postby trkyklr » September 9th, 2008, 10:31 am

11 more days & its on ! archery season 3 birds either sex laurel hill management area    I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!! how soon for all of yall?

mark hay

RE: Its almost here...

Postby mark hay » September 9th, 2008, 2:39 pm

WHAAA!!##&@ ,,,sniffle ,sniffle,,,wipe       TRKYKLR , where are you? I just might have to move tomorrow. Ohio doesn't start for 32 more days and only one bird. Well , anyhow , hope to here something of some great days in the woods.  I'll see if I can't find something to do keep my mind occupied until October 11, like unloading a small ranch home into a ford ranger pick-up and moving south.      LATER ''OLDSCHOOLTURKEYTACTICS''

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » September 10th, 2008, 10:44 am

lawrenceburg tennessee is my home town we are very lucky here in the volunteer state we can take 3 birds either sex on mngmnt areas 2 wk long season(archery) 3 birds per county (quota shotgun) fall hunts 1 bird statewide archery & then 2 more birds with a shotgun dec7-9 back on mngmnt areas & 4 gobs in the spring ive already filled my 4 spring tags & ive been doin some heavy scouting for the fall so the birds better watch out i can take a dozen more before 2009 hope to get a few on video with a production crew out of ohio & indiana  what part of ohio are you from i was born in chillicothe & have family scattered thru the state cinci,columbus circleville to name a few

mark hay

Postby mark hay » September 10th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Well , Mr.Trkyklr of Tenessee, I think  I'm smitten with envy. Wasn't aware of any state allowing that many birds per year . I live 8 miles south of hillsboro in highland county.Hope you have a splendid season . We also expect to read of some of your fall hunts . Good luck,be safe.        later           ''OLDSCHOOLTURKEYTACTICS''            with my lower lip stuck out.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » September 11th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Hey Ken,

The bow fall season starts in Illinois on October 1st and lasts until January 15th, with 2 interruptions for the firearms deer seasons, a total of 7 days. You can purchase a tag across the counter and are limited to 2 tags.

The gun fall season starts in Illinois on October 25th and lasts until November 2nd. Tags are issued by county and by lottery. You may purchase a maximum of 2 tags.

If a hunter used both bow and gun and was also successful in the lottery, he could kill 4 turkeys in Illinois in the fall.

Fall turkey hunting is however not growing in Illinois. It so different from the Spring hunt and there are so many other seasons going on here, that's it's hard to get new hunters interested in a fall hunt.

It's possible to hunt public ground in Southern Illinois during the fall turkey season and not encounter another turkey hunter.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. In the spring, we may take a maximum of 3 birds, if you are fortunate enough to get that many tags in the lottery. In years past, that was pretty easy but now you're fortunate to get 1 for the season that you want. We have 5 seasons and you must apply in the lottery for the specific season in a specific county, by specific dates. Tricky!!
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » September 15th, 2008, 1:33 am

dang clark that sounds rather difficult , fall turkey hunters arent real plentiful around here either maybe thats why the state is so liberal on the tags ive been fall turkey hunting for the last 6 years & ive never ran into another fall hunter , even the guy that got me involved has hung up his shotgun , he only hunts birds in the spring 

ken

Return to Fall Hunting