Come On Theam #4 -Let's Check In!!

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
misoiltester

Re: Come On Theam #4 -Let's Check In!!

Postby misoiltester » March 4th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Duke002 sounds like a great idea for team(I spelled it right this time) captain to me!!!
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 4th, 2012, 3:18 pm

I'll vote for Duke0002 for captain

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » March 5th, 2012, 8:05 pm

I'm honored to accept the captain-ship of team 4, if that's OK with everyone.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » March 5th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I believe it's unanimous my friend......you are El Capitan
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 5th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Allright Duke0002 where do we go from here

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » March 6th, 2012, 6:56 am

Duke002 .. I'm headin' to FL in a couple of weeks .. any advice, except "shoot to kill" :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » March 6th, 2012, 9:00 am

Duke002, Team #4 El Hefe', I cant start until April 15, and am Going NUTS
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 6th, 2012, 9:36 am

Our season opens March, 31 here. Can't wait, we're seing lots of Turkeys in the fields and good bunches of Toms. The 31st won't get here soon enough. What is going to be our team name, any ideas?

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 6th, 2012, 10:16 am

Hey misoiltester make sure it's the one whose tail fans out :lol:

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » March 6th, 2012, 1:37 pm

OK, gang. A refresher: Here are the official rules as of Feb 27.

Postby Gobblerman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:27 am
The number of teams and number of team members on each team will be determined by the number of forum members that sign-up; Teams will be determined mostly at random, but with some consideration for the experience and expectation of success of those that sign up to play. We want to have a mix of experienced hunters that will likely kill one gobbler (or more) combined with less experienced hunters that may not be as likely to harvest a gobbler.
The sign-up information will be used to categorize each entrant in the contest so that we can create teams of approximately equal experience and expectation of success. After all the entrants have been categorized, the teams will be chosen randomly from within each category as much as possible.

Scoring:
a) the winning team will be determined first of all by the total number of team members on each team that kill a gobbler. For example, if a team consists of ten members and each team member kills a gobbler and no other team accomplishes that, then that team is the winner.
b) First tie-breaker....if two or more teams tie, then the winning team will be determined by the total number of mature gobblers in each teams score from the above (jakes killed will be subtracted from the team score)
c) Second tie-breaker...if two or more teams tie in the first tie-breaker, then the winner will be determined by the total number of gobblers (jakes and mature) killed by each team during the season. (each team adds up the total number of gobblers killed by team members for the season)

Oath of Ethics and Participation: This contest is completely on the honor system. All forum members who sign-up must agree to compete fairly and ethically in the contest. Further, all that sign up are expected to participate fully in the contest and report on this forum as to their success (or lack thereof). Please, if you are in the contest, do not disappear on us!

It would be nice to have everybody post photos of their birds, and we would like to see a single thread where everybody posts pictures if they can get it done. However, picture posting is not a requirement. Please try to take good pictures to post...recommendations...clean the bird up, smooth the feathers, respectful pose with good background, hunter smiling, take in the sun (if possible) to show feather coloration, etc.

Dewey will be recording stats and scores for birds taken on another thread. That information will have no bearing in this part of the contest, but it will be interesting to see how everybody's birds scored. See the scoring rules if you do not know how to score your gobbler(s).

The contest will run until everybody who is participating in the contest is finished hunting this spring. I suspect the final tally will be made around the 1st of June, or thereabouts.

Most importantly,....have fun, and hunt safely and ethically!

Good Luck to everybody!

Jim

=======================

UNOFFICIAL RULES :lol:

1) Send me your $100 captain's surcharge fee as soon as possible! :roll:
2) No girl birds can be entered. Don't try to Photoshop beards and spurs onto a hen. I have anti Photoshop software! :roll:

================================================

Here's the 2012 link for our team in the Base Camp forum. Use the Team #4 thread.

viewforum.php?f=131

Just your screen name and the fact you took a bird is all that is necessary.

A pic would be a nice addition and basic measurements (weight, beard, spurs) and a short write up of the hunt would be cool. But the measurements and story is not required as a part of the contest. Mucho bragging and chest thumping is encouraged!

There will be an optional 2012 thread set for scoring your birds. I don't think its up yet. Thank you to Dewey for doing the work on this.

REMEMBER: Safety, safety, safety, safety..... And enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... your hunts!
This is a no pressure contest. No need to say it, but observe your hunting states' regs and turkey hunting ethics.

=======================
Our team members

Team #4
BluMtnGobbler
Bobbyparks
Duke0002
misoiltester
Tom21inNM
WildTurkey101

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp