Team 8 check in

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
xarcher

Re: Team 8 check in

Postby xarcher » March 4th, 2012, 1:16 pm

ajkremer22 wrote:Xarcher ......I hunt just on the other side of the river in Brighton Twp. Maybe we can chase some birds together this year

PM sent

xarcher

Postby xarcher » March 4th, 2012, 1:43 pm

NMblackgold wrote:After reviewing the "Bios" on the sign-up thread, I would like to nominate ajkremer and xarcher as co-captains of team 8.

Before I sell my soul to the team, what is required of a captain? I travel about 50% of the time and on top of that I have a parent living with us that requires assistance. If being a captain involves chasing down the members and making sure they are supporting the team and making sure photos are posted, then that's not so bad. But if the expectations go beyond that then I will be letting you all down.

NMblackgold

Postby NMblackgold » March 4th, 2012, 2:38 pm

x, I can't imagine it requiring more than just a few minutes per day of your time once the season(s) start. I don't know for sure as I have never been a team captain. With your situation, maybe sharing the duties (co-captain) with someone else is a good idea. From what I remember from last years contest, the duties of a captain were (it was different for each captain):

1. Interface with Gobblerman as neccessary (reporting our kills and scores, reporting lost team members etc.)
2. Determine team name (if need be)
3. Make sure team members are reporting in
4. Organizing our Team Thread Page (Photo Gallery &Trophy Room?)
5. Moral Boosting?
6. Whatever else you want to do........team logo etc...

Thats all I can think of.......

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 4th, 2012, 3:13 pm

xarcher wrote:
1Morgan wrote:
xarcher wrote:xarcher here

Live in western PA, but will also hunt in SC and possibly NC this year. Good luck to all.

There are NO turkeys in SC. They were all removed to re-populate the rest of the country.

-compliments of Team 5 (soon to be "formerly known as Team 5"

The only reason there are no turkeys left in SC is cause a yankeee shot them all. Oh and that same yankee pulled a 13 footer from Lake Marion last year.

Hehe, I'm originally from So. Jersey. I only got an 11 footer last year!! It's in my avitar.
South Carolina Low Country

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 4th, 2012, 4:05 pm

alright boys, finally checking in, got new hrs at work, with no access to internet [ for posting anyway, used to do alot, too many eyes now ] va., season starts april 14th, one of my spots is being logged as i type :cry: but i'm working on picking up another, seeing some good sign when i walk the woods, so i'm hoping for a decent outcome, if i can shoot straight [ always a concern :shock: ] good luck to all, lets go gettum.....holy shiiiza, how many pair of boots did you get out of that lizard.....
David

You never know, unless you go

xarcher

Postby xarcher » March 4th, 2012, 4:53 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Hi Guys, I let Scoot know he was on Team 8, so whom ever you guys choose as a Captain I will give him Scoots email so you can keep in touch. He can read, but can't post. We are still trying to get that fixed?
Good luck this year.

I sent you a PM with my email address to pass on to Scoot12. Can I have his?

xarcher

Postby xarcher » March 4th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Okay,

I will round every body up, chase them down, make sure they post photos, blah blah blah. But I can't do banners or sexy stuff like that.

Here is where we stand as a team for checking in:

ajkremer......checked in
NMblackgold...checked in
RNC.............nothing. I will send him a pm
Scoot12........will check in thru WillowRidgeCalls. See posting on first page
xarcher........yours truly
ylpnfol.........checked in

That's 5 outta 6.

Okay, let's offer team names. I really don't care. Names don't pull the trigger. But here's my only offer...

Team Nuthin But Neck

NMblackgold

Postby NMblackgold » March 4th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Good deal xarcher,

"Nuthin but Neck"..............sounds good to me!

I gotta tell you that 13' gator should scare the hell out of the other teams................

ajkremer22

Postby ajkremer22 » March 5th, 2012, 10:41 am

Nuthing but neck works for me as well.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 5th, 2012, 10:58 am

nuthin but neck is fine by me, but if i just happen to shoot one in the a?s, will it still count ?.....hey, i get a little nervous is all ;)
David

You never know, unless you go

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp