2012 Team 5 Check Station

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: 2012 Team 5 Check Station

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 2nd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Dewey, I'm looking at getting 3 maybe 4 tags, for seasons 3-6.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 11:07 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:I was just in Team 5 section and tried to make a Roll Call post but it won't let us there is NO New Topic or Reply button? How are we going to post anything in there?

Yeah the same thing happened to me earlier when I tried. I just assumed I was doing something wrong. We might have to get a hold of either Ben or Jim.

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:What I could do is quickly build a call and not put any finish on it, that way everybody can sign it and when we're done I can finish it and give it to whoever gets the best bird out of the team? If that's what you all want to do?

I love that idea Scott! Perhaps the highest scoring gobbler using the NWTF scoring method, typicals and non-typicals?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 3rd, 2012, 5:14 am

That's an awsome idea, Scott. We need the others to show up soon. Last year I had to track a couple guys down by looking through their profiles and getting email addresses. I emailed them and told them to log on. It was a pain.
South Carolina Low Country

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 3rd, 2012, 10:48 am

I sent them all a PM letting them know they were on Team 5
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 3rd, 2012, 4:37 pm

Hey guys, I turned the pot call out today, it's a Spalted Hard Maple pot with some good black lines in it. What surface you want on it? I was thinking about a crystal over yellowheart? That should give it some good rasp and sound out of it, but the rasp won't be a real deep rasp. I can put any surface on it, slate, alum, or bronze glass also, the crystal should play a bit easier?
It's up to you guys what you want? :?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 3rd, 2012, 5:31 pm

Not knowing the rest of the teams experience, ya should prob just put an easy to play surface on it. You should prob scratch it too so we all do it the same.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 3rd, 2012, 8:26 pm

If I put a glass surface in it, It will be surfaced and ready to play. I'll also send along some sandpaper to keep it running.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » March 3rd, 2012, 8:59 pm

1Morgan wrote:Not knowing the rest of the teams experience, ya should prob just put an easy to play surface on it. You should prob scratch it too so we all do it the same.

In all honesty I don't have very much experience with calling surfaces so the easier the better. Sand paper and some instructions on how to sand it properly would be great. I am just really excited to try and harvest a gobbler with a team call.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 4th, 2012, 6:35 am

I can't believe I get to go turkey hunting next week!!

dewey

Postby dewey » March 4th, 2012, 8:51 am

1Morgan wrote:I can't believe I get to go turkey hunting next week!!

Now you are just rubbing it in arena't you, lol. You'd better have plenty of details from next weekend since a lot of us have another month or so to wait. Your avatar is that picture of you and your alligator from last spring?

Dewey

       

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp