I'm not fom Arkansas, but if you are.......

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
GearJammer

I'm not fom Arkansas, but if you are.......

Postby GearJammer » June 27th, 2008, 5:47 pm

I didn't see an Arkansas posting below in the states section so I thought I'd just post it here. I was travelling through Arkasas on US 412 and had just crossed over a creek east of Fayetville called "War Eagle Creek". Just as I crossed over there was an open field approximately 40-45 acres that was covered with feeding turkey. I just about caused an accident on that road when I locked up my brakes trying to count them. At 55 mph, I counted  12 good sized toms and about 50 hens. Like I said...I'm not from Arkansas and I don't hunt there but I thought I would pass that on to anyone that does.
By the way... I have an Arkansas joke.
How do you know if a guy from Arkansas is married?
There are tobacco stains on BOTH sides of the truck!      Hahahahaha!
"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

silvestris

RE: I'm not fom Arkansas, but if you are.......

Postby silvestris » June 28th, 2008, 12:20 am

I have a friend with a lease about a mile from the bridge.  He has a terrible poaching problem that I fear is now only going to get worse.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

GearJammer

Postby GearJammer » June 28th, 2008, 7:38 am

Well Silvestris...that certainly wasn't my intention of letting someone know of a great area. If there is a poaching problem around there, I doubt if my post will do anything to accentuate an already obvious issue. If it is a hot spot for poachers maybe you and your friend can coordinate with local Dept of Wildlife to help catch those lowlifes that feel like they can do whatever they want, whenever they want.
"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

silvestris

Postby silvestris » June 28th, 2008, 5:43 pm

I can't afford the gas to go to help him with his problem.  Unfortunately the drop off poacher who is a good turkey hunter is a difficult problem to catch.  Best not to give exact locations of turkeys sighted as one is sure to step on another's toes.  I know you meant well, but a general location, like "as I was driving through the Ozarks I observed a beautiful sight".
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion