2012 Team 5 Check Station

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
1Morgan

2012 Team 5 Check Station

Postby 1Morgan » March 2nd, 2012, 4:22 am

I figured I'd get something started for the team. I was a team captain last year and don't really want to this year. Anyway...

I think I'm the first one out the door. Season opener here in SC is March 15th and closes May 1, we get 5 tags with a 2/day limit. I will be hunting private and public land.

I think Scott is the only call maker on the team. If you are willing to do a traveling call...it will need to get moving soon so everyone can get it for a week during their season. We had a delay on my team last year and not everyone got it.
South Carolina Low Country

dewey

Re: 2012 Team 5 Check Station

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 11:51 am

Hey guys! I am excited to be teamed up with a few names that I recognize and a few more that I don't.
Here is my tentative hunting plans for this spring.
*KS Rio's bag limit of 2 from April 13th - April 19th
*MN Eastern's bag limit of 1 from April 28th - May 2nd

I was a team captain last year and if no one volunteers to do it I could take care of it as I am on this forum quite a bit. A traveling call would be an awesome thing to do if we could pull it off.

What about a team name?

Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 2nd, 2012, 2:59 pm

Hi guys, just checking in. A teaveling call would be nice, but not sure if I could get one done fast enough to get it out to you that quick?
Dewey has my vote for team Captian.
My season isn't until late April 25 to May 1. and May 9 to May 15.
If your going to do a traveling call we need everybodies addresses so everybody knows where to send the call and when?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 2nd, 2012, 4:40 pm

Captain Dewey has a nice ring to it!!

The traveling call will depend on everyones season. My season is a month and a half and I can hunt the whole time. I know some states are week hunt periods so it will be more important to get the timing right to send the call to them. Although, I do start earlier than most and finish before some start!! Private messages will be the best for the addresses. We just need Capt. Dew to coordinate who gets it when.

dewey

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 4:42 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:If your going to do a traveling call we need everybodies addresses so everybody knows where to send the call and when?

Not to mention trying to work it out on the calendar with everyone's schedules. If the traveling call works great but if not no biggie. How many tags are you going to get this spring Scott?

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on March 2nd, 2012, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

dewey

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 4:49 pm

1Morgan wrote:Captain Dewey has a nice ring to it!!

I will inform the Mrs's tonight that she needs to salute me from now until the end of the turkey season. :lol: I may not be able to post for a few days after because I will be healing from the beating that would ensue.

1Morgan wrote:The traveling call will depend on everyones season. My season is a month and a half and I can hunt the whole time. I know some states are week hunt periods so it will be more important to get the timing right to send the call to them. Although, I do start earlier than most and finish before some start!! Private messages will be the best for the addresses. We just need Capt. Dew to coordinate who gets it when

What is the idea of the traveling call? One call that would literally go from one hunter to another? Would Scott provide the call? If the call comes from Scott it is guaranteed to kill gobblers, right?

Let's hope everyone checks in and inputs their hunt dates. Thankfully 1Morgan, Scott and I have a couple of different seasons so timing might actually work. I agree on keeping the address's in a Private Message. I don't need anyone from down South showing up at Casa da Dewey with a snake and scaring the crap out of me :lol:

Dewey

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 2nd, 2012, 7:18 pm

The call gets mailed from hunter to hunter, everyone signs it with their state. Post pics if ya kill a bird. The call maker hopes to get to say their call killed X birds in X number of states. We get to use a custom call and the maker might sell us one if we like it. We will let our friends try it out and they might buy one too. Everyone's a winner!! However...Scott might actually send us a log!!

dewey

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 7:50 pm

1Morgan wrote:The call gets mailed from hunter to hunter, everyone signs it with their state. Post pics if ya kill a bird. The call maker hopes to get to say their call killed X birds in X number of states. We get to use a custom call and the maker might sell us one if we like it. We will let our friends try it out and they might buy one too. Everyone's a winner!! However...Scott might actually send us a log!!

I love the idea and I am in for sure!

Dewey

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 2nd, 2012, 7:55 pm

We just need everyone else to check in, we might have another call maker. That might take the stress of getting something together off of scott. Time is tight though, my season opener is 14 days away!!

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 2nd, 2012, 10:41 pm

I was just in Team 5 section and tried to make a Roll Call post but it won't let us there is NO New Topic or Reply button? How are we going to post anything in there?

What I could do is quickly build a call and not put any finish on it, that way everybody can sign it and when we're done I can finish it and give it to whoever gets the best bird out of the team? If that's what you all want to do?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Next

Return to Base Camp