Bad Guides

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Va.ridgerunner

Bad Guides

Postby Va.ridgerunner » June 6th, 2008, 5:10 am

What do you do if you have paid money for a hunt and your outfitter, 1 gives you a guide who has never guided, 2. can't call, 3. does not know the area, and 4.  Tries for three days to have you hunt illegally over bait.  The third day it was so blatent (20 yards from 2 feeders and a corn pile) I left the so called guide and told him  I would meet him back at the truck.  I am thinking of turning him in to the game commission for baiting.

grunt_doc

RE: Bad Guides

Postby grunt_doc » June 6th, 2008, 5:31 am

If I were you, I'd contact:
1. Game Wardens
2. Better Buisness Bureau
3. Local NWTF
4. every turkey hunter you know.

It would be one thing if they said, hey we're new, so no charge and no expectations...but if they plan to bait as a part of their SOP then forget them!

Doc

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » June 7th, 2008, 6:27 am

Hey Ridgerunner, it sounds to me like you already know what you need to do, and you sure don't need any of us to agree with you about it.
A man with integrity, is a man who will make the right decision when no one is looking, even though he may suffer loss.
                                                      GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE
                                                                        L.K.LESLIE  

Va.ridgerunner

Postby Va.ridgerunner » June 7th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Thanks,
I e-mail the game commission.
As a note I killed a bird 2 hours after I left the "guide".

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » June 7th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Well I'm glad you got 2 birds..Congrats on that.. Obviously he's not a turkey hunter to me if you have to bait them in then you not much of aturkey hunter..Sorry for hurting any feelings. that's just the way I feel about it..Scout, find your own birds, and hunt them their is no reward in hunting over bait what have you actually accomplished..I would hope that you wouldn't call yourself a turkey hunter.. The sad part is you payed your hard earned money for a service and didn't get anything in return. You should post the name of the outfitter so that true turkey hunters don't waste their money on them. Sorry for your luck but I am glad you got a bird.
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

Va.ridgerunner

Postby Va.ridgerunner » June 9th, 2008, 5:18 am

I wont post the outfit online.  I will watch and if I see someone asking for a recomendation then I will certinally give my 2 cents. 

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion