A cool weekend

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
jpb

A cool weekend

Postby jpb » June 3rd, 2008, 3:11 pm

This past weekend i was on a camping trip with the Astronomy club that i belong to.Along with all the regular camping and Astro gear i packed away a slate and a few pegs.I got excited when i saw two hens on the road to our camp site friday afternoon.I didnt tell anyone about bringing my calls and woke up at the crack of dawn. I picked out a spot to sit in and started some soft calling.Not too long after one of the club guys hears a turkey and slowly walks my way to see if he can spot it.He was surprised to find me sitting in some brush and joined me.I called for a while and didnt get any responces.No harm no foul i was thinking, when Bob pokes me and says look over there something just moved.Its a tom slowly walking down the road.He never gobbled,just wandered around towards us.We only got to watch for a few miniutes before the rest of the camp woke up and ol tom walked off into the woods.
   I sat with a cup of coffee with the guys just smiling.When asked i said i was just thinking about Houdini Rock after this mornings fun...April cant come fast enough....
Joe

Fan Club

RE: A cool weekend

Postby Fan Club » June 3rd, 2008, 3:33 pm

Cool stuff indeed, Joe.

I pack turkey calls in my golf bag in the spring. Half the time I forget they are there, but one of these days I'm going to raise a gobble and give the boys a smile.

JB
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion