turkey season

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
STEROIDCHICKEN

turkey season

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 29th, 2008, 1:03 pm

is it turkey season yet.....298 days to go...i can't wait.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

allaboutshooting

RE: turkey season

Postby allaboutshooting » May 29th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Hey Roger,

Just one more reason to hunt turkeys in the fall. We'll have about 4 months to wait here and then the fall season begins. It only lasts for about a week in Illinois but it's a fun week.

I'm already planning a fall in Kentucky and look forward to that as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Dank

Postby Dank » May 29th, 2008, 4:02 pm

If only I can catch a few more fish (going on monday) to get me through to bow season, I think I'll make it. Once deer season starts time starts flying by and it will be turkey time once again. But god will  it ever  be a long wait for october.
Failure is often our best teacher.

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 31st, 2008, 2:20 pm

I know what you are saying Chicken, I am going through a mild state of depression right now not being able to go after a tom. A guy i work with comes in every morning telling me how there is one hammering behind his house every morning. I just hope he comes back next year.

matchbook454

Postby matchbook454 » June 1st, 2008, 4:02 pm

Unfortunately I did not have as much time to hunt this spring as I would have liked and didn't do too well either.  I'm more pumped now than before the season though.  I don't know if I'll make it until next year!  I'm going to try and get one with my bow in IL and WI this fall and will try to get a shotgun tag for WI.  The county that I hunt in IL doesn't have a fall shotgun season unfortunately :(.  It's not the same as hunting them in the spring but still turkey hunting!  Oh, and to make my obsession worse, last weekend I was up in WI fishing by my families vacation home and had one of my diaphram calls in my pocket while I was in the boat. I took it out just to make some noise and what happens????  2 Toms gobble back at me!  I called them all the way to the shore - about 50 yards from us.  My fiance couldn't believe it and neither could I!!!!!!  What couldn't that happen during hunting season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 3rd, 2008, 2:54 am

I marked a few small trees that were in the way last Turkey season and am in the process of removing them.  By the time next season rolls around I will have open shooting lanes where I had to hold up this year. I'm also in the process of feeding the ticks & chiggers.

The turkeys will poroably find a new way to get through there and get something between me & them.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » June 3rd, 2008, 8:55 am

Jim I seen them out there today planting some tree's right beside the one's you cut down...
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

jpb

Postby jpb » June 3rd, 2008, 2:49 pm

April is sooo far away,,At least i can watch my fan dry.Wich by the way is almost as much fun as watching grass grow.Thank goodness the fish are biting...
Joe

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion