tk2000

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
ljmelea

tk2000

Postby ljmelea » May 14th, 2008, 10:35 am

any one having much luck hunting with their muzzeloader this season?i've got some good loads if you need some info.larry
good luck

allaboutshooting

RE: tk2000

Postby allaboutshooting » May 15th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Hey Larry,

I just saw picture of a very nice bird shot with a TK2000 ML shotgun. I asked about the load, etc. I now have an Austin & Halleck but have not yet shot it. I really don't know much at all about ML shotgun loads, etc.

Did you shoot a turkey with one of your ML guns?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

dpittman

Postby dpittman » May 16th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Larry, I would be very interested in the load data you have. So far my TK has been terrible. Just called knight and they are sending me some Knoght Red Hot shot to try. I have been using regular shot I think. No ideas as to the hardness of it. Knight shot is magnum shot so hopefully that means something. I have my doubts though. I was hoping you would reply to the other TK thread I have been watching. Someone said you know more about the TK than anybody. I really want this gun to shoot because it really is kind of fun to mess with. any help would be great.....Doug

ljmelea

Postby ljmelea » May 31st, 2008, 5:10 pm

[8D] I actually got three this year with the muzzeloader.i'm working on something now that i'll pm you about when i'm done,larry
good luck

ljmelea

Postby ljmelea » May 31st, 2008, 5:14 pm

[8D] Try polishing your barrel to start out.i've been using goex trueblk pwdr lately but have had great results with american pioneer.100grns,2oz  hevi shot 6's, ranger wads,209 primers.i have a nikon turkey pro on my gun.larry
good luck

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » June 1st, 2008, 8:02 am

Larry, it sounds like you have had a great year.  Do you have a problem with plastic buildup?  I am surprised you would need to polish the barrels as every Green Mountain (owned by Knight) barrel I have seen shines like a mirror, unless Knight uses another barrel for the TK.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

ljmelea

Postby ljmelea » June 2nd, 2008, 4:21 am

[;)] I agree the barrels look great ,but the plastic build up may be causing a problem.very important to keep them clean while developing a consistant load.I really enjoy the tk2000,doesn't have much weight,very reliable,puts them down for the count.larry
good luck

dpittman

Postby dpittman » June 8th, 2008, 9:53 am

Larry....could you give me some pointers on what I can do to improve my TK2000. I can't really afford to shoot hevi-shot as it is 100-150 dollars a bottle. I am now thinking my expectations are too high for this gun. This gun will not shoot anywhere near as good as my 870 turkey guns although Knight claims that it will. I would say my TK could only shoot about 35 yards although I feel more comfortable at 30. Do you have any pics of patterns proving how this gun is supposed to shoot? Do wads, powder, shot, primers make much of a difference? They really don't seem to do much in my gun. It seems to shoot a consistent modified pattern instead of XX-full. Please help if you can.....Doug

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » June 8th, 2008, 1:25 pm

This is not from a Knight, but the left barrel is full, the right Mod.  1-3/4 oz #6 lead, equal by volumne 2ffg Goex black powder.  I will get details on wads and grains of powder and post it later.  I think the build up Larry refers is plastic wads melting onto the bore.  Black powder burns hotter than smokeless.  Isolating the plastic wad from the powder will cure a lot of this.

Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Shooting