Fullfan Jr. gets #2 in Pa

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Fullfan

Fullfan Jr. gets #2 in Pa

Postby Fullfan » May 26th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Well this season has been full of highs and lows for us. I missed all of last week due to training in Hershey. Jr. was wanting to get out and try for his second bird. Sat the 24th we had longbeard come to 31 steps, Jr. crushed him and the bird ended up getting his self together and got away from us. We both were sick but Jr. was devasted.

I woke him this morning at 4 and he was not real sure about getting up, but he managed to roll out of bed. I wanted to hunt a place where we had 4 longbeards in two weeks ago. My first owl hoots were answered with a gobble at 0520, we set up as close as we could. I scratched an old wing on the tree were sitting at and he gobbled again. Then we had a two hens fly down and walk past us. I told Jr. that the gobbler should be next. No sooner did I get that out of my mouth and we saw him hit the ground about 60 yds away, then he just vanished. About 2 min after the first gobbler flew down #2 hit the ground in about the same spot. I gave 3 ever so light yelps and I could hear one of them drumming. We had a B-mobil and a hen set up about 20 yds to our left. I told Jr. to get his gun on the decoys and not to move. He shifted his gun and only seconds after he did the gobblers came within 10 feet of us. They were on a b-line to the decoys. They both were wanting to knock the fire out of Bob but Jr. saved the day at 0553 with a load of #6 shot.

To say we have had a good season would not be fair, we have had a great season. We have learned from each other and had a good time doing so. Jr. will be making his first trip to Missouri next spring, I can't wait.

17lbs
10 1/4 beard
1" spurs.

PATKYHTR

RE: Fullfan Jr. gets #2 in Pa

Postby PATKYHTR » May 27th, 2008, 5:46 am

Congratulations to you and your son on a great season!  Also Good Luck to you and your son on your trip next season!

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 27th, 2008, 9:34 am

jr. is putting them down...way to go and congrats to the both of ya'll.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

olesmoky12

Postby olesmoky12 » May 27th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Looks like there's going to be another gobbler ace in the woods. Congratulations on some great birds.
Olesmoky

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 28th, 2008, 1:32 am

Simply awesome! Congrats!

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 28th, 2008, 11:04 am

Congrats on a very nice bird and a good season!
There aren't any better memories than the ones spent with a son or daughter in the turkey woods.
The best part is they last forever.

MAK

Postby MAK » May 29th, 2008, 8:51 am

Now that's a lifetime memory for Dad and Son, congrat's on a great season together.

Very nice end of the year bird!
MAK

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion