Another season ends with a heavy heart!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
swpatrkyhunter

Another season ends with a heavy heart!

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 26th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Well my freinds. Another spring season has ended here in Pa. Today I went out and had birds makeing noise all around me. I thought "WOW! What a way to end the season!" But then disaster hit.Before the birds could get close enough to seal the deal a Coyote Got in the game and as they say, "That was the end of that". Although I came out of this season empty handed I loved every minute of it. I got to see Many birds, I learned ALOT about the turkey in the areas I hunt, Met some great people along the way, And most of all. I got to see my best freinds son introduced to the sport. So all in all this years hunt WAS a success! So as I put my hunting gear away till the fall I do it with a heavy heart but one that is full of hope for the next season. Thanks go out to everyone on this site. The guys here are always there to lend support and advice. Now we can start getting down to bussiness on finding some tactics for the fall.

PATKYHTR

RE: Another season ends with a heavy heart!

Postby PATKYHTR » May 27th, 2008, 6:04 am

Sorry to hear your season ended the way it did but it sounds like you still had a great season! It is always nice to go out the last day and hear turkeys gobbling all around you! You know alot of the gobblers made it through the season and hopefully they will make it thru the winter. Next season looks good for you. Good luck this fall also!

MAK

Postby MAK » May 27th, 2008, 6:36 am

Same for me - 9 days afield, nothing to eat but tag soup. Saw and heard birds every day a field, including a hen with poults this weekend.

Year started with a hunt with one of my Turkey hunting mentors - Unc's 85 and wanted to go, so we went!!!

Mistakes made, lessons relearned, hopefully I'll retain something for next spring.

I never lost so many birds to a hen in one year as this. There should be a bird in every dang tree this fall!

Can we go tomorrow???   LOL (season is still open somewhere!!!)
MAK

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 27th, 2008, 9:48 am

that is the way to stay positive....more birds for next year.
good luck to ya'll.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 28th, 2008, 1:06 am

Congrats on a fun season. Your attitude is great & im sure those fall birds are in a heap-a-trouble!

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion