Pa update on Turkey habits!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Turkeybuster

RE: Pa update on Turkey habits!

Postby Turkeybuster » May 25th, 2008, 1:48 pm

I can understand the fighting purrs to a certain extent as last week I witnessed the best Gobbler fight I have ever seen.
Three birds were involved and were still fighting when they went out of sight,I couldn't move on them as I was in a clear cut.
The birds in this area are starting to use the fields again and since tomorrow is the last day I'am going
to give the decoys a try.
Seems to me that it is late in the season for turkey fights, I guess since more hens are going to nest
and a lot of gobblers left this could trigger this type of behavior.
Good luck tomorrow and be safe![:D]

olesmoky12

RE: Pa update on Turkey habits!

Postby olesmoky12 » May 25th, 2008, 2:23 pm

SAFETY FIRST!  I had the same thing happen on the 17th. The bird I was hunting would not gobble after he came off the limb so I went to my gobblr tube and it worked. Any time I use this call I don't move, This gives me the advantage of seeing another hunter if one trys to move in on my call. The up side to this is my tom came in and ran into another one that had not said a word. The fight was on no more than 45 yards in front of me. Talk about getting your heart rate going (both good birds). After putting it all over him and running him around the hill, I gave one more gobble and he came walking straight to me. Using the gobble works but its hard to really get into the hunt for fear of the other hunter mistaking for a bird. Anyway, Hunt safe and good luck.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion