Clock's Ticking.........

MAK

Clock's Ticking.........

Postby MAK » May 22nd, 2008, 2:23 am

Spring Gobbler is about to close, sure has been one of the strangest season's I've experienced in many years.

I'm still trying to get one to the gun, vacation tomorrow and will hunt Saturday plus a short hunt Monday.

Good luck to anybody else still hunting, remember those that gave their lives for us to enjoy these freedoms.

MAK

swpatrkyhunter

RE: Clock's Ticking.........

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 22nd, 2008, 11:44 am

I agree MAK. There are many who are serving right now that have missed this years seasons. So next time anyone goes out to the woods just remember that one of your own is out there risking there life and missing out on what they love so that we can enjoy this great sport.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 25th, 2008, 1:06 pm

I agree on a tough Pa. season too much low pressure and wind.
It is the toughest season I have seen since the mid 80's.
Keep the faith as the last three days of the season have been very productive for me in the past.
Good luck and hunt safely.

MAK

Postby MAK » May 27th, 2008, 6:40 am

Tag soup for me. No complaints, had some chances, just didn't close the deal. 

I heard birds gobbling every day out, including Monday. Friday flushed a hen that had 1/2 doz or more poults (about the size of your hand) out for a stroll.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 28th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Hi MAK tough season but the main thing is that you had a good time.
My late season luck held out again I filled my second tag Monday.
I decoyed one in and saw a few more birds, they just happened to be there and so was I.
I usually don't have much luck with decoys and I had to make a lot of promises on the mouth call
but it worked.
Time to get ready for the fall season there are alot of birds out there and only 5 months to get
ready!
GOOD LUCK IN THE FALL.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » June 1st, 2008, 10:16 am

SEMPER FI fellas,and your 100% right. We should never forget the sacrifices made on our behalf. I have a son-in-law in country right now,and I really appreciate him and his brothers -in-arms. I can also let you know, that as one who has been they sure appreciate being thought of. I had my first oppurtunity to hunt the volunteer state this year and it was a little tough, but I had consistent gobbling,although only one gobbler came in to 50 yds and as I thought he was going to continue coming, I didn't smoke him. He strutted back and forth a couple times, then turned his tail to me ,in full strut, and walked back the way he came,going out of strut at about 60 yds. There was a hen just out of sight really cuttin' up a storm and the really enjoyable part was myself and partner arguing with the ole' gal over that big tom. Very aggressive! After that I began to apply more aggressive tactics, as well as aggressive calling, and stalking and was able to harvest my tom on the last day of a four day hunt. I was there during the first week of season, in the Lawrenceburg, Pulaski area and experienced a bit of harsh weather. One thing is for sure though, everyone I met was extremely graciuos and polite, and I can't wait till this fall and next spring. From my follow up with others in the area though I think next year I'll wait till the 2nd week of season.... stepped away for a little bit and now I realize I'm in the wrong state to post this, but here it is anyway, so if you get to Tn. I hope this will help. I'm just too old to re-type this over! 
                                                 L.K.Leslie

Return to Pennsylvania