Never again I'm Sure

Spurred

Never again I'm Sure

Postby Spurred » May 23rd, 2008, 9:53 am

Well,
My spring season came to a close today. Filled my sixth period tag with a 17-pound 2-year-old not long after flydown. (I think it might have been the pal of the bird I killed during fourth period.) This year was certainly the best I have ever had. I had tags for second, fourth, fifth and sixth and I filled them all. I'm sure that will never happen again and I'm betting -- with the new zones next year -- I will never even get a chance to hunt that many left-over tag seasons again. I also noticed a heck of a lot of those glorious 2-year-olds, which makes sense since I saw a lot of jakes last year.

Good luck to anyone with a tag remaining for this weekend.

P.S. thinking about next season already. I didn't see nearly as many jakes this year as last. I'm wondering what the 2-year-old population might be like next year. What did you see?

SpringKing

RE: Never again I'm Sure

Postby SpringKing » May 24th, 2008, 1:40 pm

First off, congrats on a great season. Those glorious 2-year-olds made me feel good about myself this year, too.
RE: "never again." Shoot, just roll with it! I've had a lot of good years and a lot of tough years, but unless you go out with a positive attitude and do your best, you'll never know. Next spring might be even better.
I probably saw a "normal" amount of jakes this spring, though certainly not as many as I saw last year. I'd guess we'll be in fine shape.
Resisted temptation to go out this weekend. I have two days in Minnesota next week, so that made the decision easier. Plan to hit 'em hard. After all, it's the last shot for Spring 2008!

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 24th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Wow! It sounds like you had a really great season. Just one of many more, I hope. This is such a great and unpredictable sport but I believe that a lot of our luck is just "going for it" and putting all of our effort into our hunt(s).

Best of luck in the future and after reading about your season this year, I'll bet you have some great hunts next year as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » May 30th, 2008, 8:05 am

WOW I dream of seasons like the one you had.  As far as jakes go I saw my fair share in zone 5, yet none up north???? Must be something to do with the weather last year although I can't remember that far back.

NastyRack

Postby NastyRack » February 6th, 2009, 3:04 am

ImageImage

Return to Wisconsin