Priceless season!!!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Gobblernut

Priceless season!!!

Postby Gobblernut » May 23rd, 2008, 8:57 am

First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum for any advice you have ever given me.This was my first full spring turkey season only hunted 4 times last year..With no luck.Really was clueless as to what I was doing..This season I tagged out..3 birds here in Va..2 really nice birds one jake..But more importantly I have the memories of a turkey hunt with a 9yr old boy that killed his first turkey ever on his very first turkey hunt ever..I called in 2 longbeards and we got them both..10 inch beards about 19 lbs each 3/4 spurs..Will never forget that morning..Secondly I found a new best friend in Big Marv he has taught me a great deal. He had a tough season in Ky. So he came to VA.. to hunt with me and he ended up killing two very nice birds.Truly memorable moments with a great friend. Looking forward to next spring..I enjoyed the time with them as much as I did watching the longbeards strut..I'm thankful for this sport which has given me such memorable moments..
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

JPH

RE: Priceless season!!!

Postby JPH » May 23rd, 2008, 10:20 am

Congratulations! Turkey hunting is a magical experience and when you are blessed with one of those seasons where eveything comes together...well there's nothing like it.

I suggest you keep running those moments over and over in your head until they are burned in place. I have a highlight real of hunts past im my own memory. It's the greatest trophy collection in the world.

jpb

Postby jpb » May 23rd, 2008, 11:26 am

Congrats on a sucessfull year.It's even better when you take a young one out and are sucessfull too.Just think of the memories he will always have to think back on when he gets older.If he gets a chance to take a youngster out when he is older im sure he will tell of his first time out..
Joe

zipperman351

Postby zipperman351 » May 23rd, 2008, 3:41 pm

Good hunts and great  FUN...zipperman

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 24th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Hey Jimmie,

Congratulations! What great experiences to share. One "extra" of this forum is the friendships that can be made. Over the years, I've gotten to know so many folks from different parts of the US and Canada through this and other forums. Each year when Doris and I are at the NWTF Convention, we'll have folks come by our booth and introduce themselves. It's so nice to put faces with names. Some of those folks have been coming by for almost 10 years now and regularly e-mail or drop us a note.

I've also been able to visit with some folks in person as we travel about. That Kentucky season was strange this year. It was really great in some parts and not too good in other parts. One of my boyhood friends owns several hundred acres in central Kentucky and he told me the birds were not as active as ususal but in counties right around his, the birds were plentiful and very cooperative. Just one more part of what makes this a wonderful if perplexing bird to hunt.

Again, congratulations on both your birds and your new friendships.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 26th, 2008, 12:30 pm

Congratulations on a great year. It took me 5 years to get my first tom, sounds like you went up the learning curve pretty quick. If you're like me you can't wait until next season.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion