MN season marred by horrible accident

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
RNC

RE: MN season marred by horrible accident

Postby RNC » April 23rd, 2008, 4:22 pm

Well this story just gets worse. It was reported today that while the dad was picked in the lottery for a license he never actualy bought that license. There has also been some rumblings if the guy had permission to be hunting where the accident occurred, this hasnt been confirmed as far as I know.  This guy had no reason at all to be in the field. My sympathy goes to the family but it just keeps getting harder and harder to give any kind of support to the father.

RNC

Postby RNC » May 7th, 2008, 5:12 pm

The last straw for the dad on this incident. As the investigation ends and more details come out it was reported that the dad had a BAC of .06 and had pot in his system also. hope they throw the book at this guy!

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 8th, 2008, 7:44 am

My feelings of sorrow for the father are getting slimer as this goes on. It is people like this that make things harder for the rest of us and makes it hard for anyone who likes to hunt. Road hunting, Trespassing onto privite property, Drinking before or during a hunt. The list goes on. As responsible hunters all of us needs to start policeing our ranks. Instead of turning our heads more of us needs to start reporting what wrongs we see. There are many groups out there that would love to ban the act of hunting in our country. Incidents like this one gives them the feul for the fire. Even if they throw the book at this guy it is not enough. A child lost his life for no reason except for the iresponsible acts of his father. People like this do not respect hunting and what it means. My Dad tought me to repect firearms and taought me how to be a responsible hunter before I even took my safety coarse. keep us posted RNC as to what happens.

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 8th, 2008, 2:04 pm

Also had a fatal shooting here in Ky the last day, the 4th. Father shot his 14 yr old! Same deal pretty much!

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » May 8th, 2008, 2:44 pm

With the deepest sympathy .. Godbless the family that this affected..
Godbless you all...Absolutely horrific...
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

shooter458

Postby shooter458 » May 8th, 2008, 3:56 pm

what ever the particulers of the story are . my prayers go out to the responsible members of the family. and the little boy god be with his soul.As for father his life is over this will kill his spirit forever. two lives lost that day how sad is that.a little boy left alone in the spring turkey woods and a dad shooting at and unknown target.far for me to judge but a raised a young hunter and he never left my side until he was sixteen.even then i never lost site of him when you take kids into the woods you must put them above hunting  

ct swamphunter

Postby ct swamphunter » May 8th, 2008, 8:56 pm

That is terrible news and my thoughts and prayers go out the the dad and the rest of the family.

RNC

Postby RNC » May 11th, 2008, 8:01 am

The dad here in MN has been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter.

tom slayer

Postby tom slayer » May 11th, 2008, 1:08 pm

good

RNC

Postby RNC » August 30th, 2008, 3:03 pm

This week the dad in this matter was sentenced. He got 30 days in jail and 10 years probation. During probation he can not own, use or have in his possession a firearm of any kind.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion