Cutting Synthetic Stocks?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
NYSuperSportsman

Cutting Synthetic Stocks?

Postby NYSuperSportsman » May 8th, 2008, 6:20 am

I have a mossberg 835. It is about 6-7 years old and it has a 28" barrell and is has the woodland camo pattern.  I like how it patterns and shoot but the stock is too long for me. I would like to take about 3/4 of an inch off of the stock. I have never heard of people cutting synthetic stocks so I dont know if I should? I also thought about buying a newer synthetic stock and forearm. I have pulled up a bunch of new 835s and they fit me alot better and are noticably shorter. I have also heard from others who own this gun ( the older style) that they had the same problem.. stock too long. Just looking for some ideas! thanks in adavance
Nick

Bigmarv

RE: Cutting Synthetic Stocks?

Postby Bigmarv » May 8th, 2008, 12:06 pm

My son has the old style Mossberg 500 and had the same problem. I bought him a pistol grip stock off of ebay for about $45, made by ATI. Problem solved and made it more shooter friendly. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=mossberg+stock&category0=

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » May 8th, 2008, 5:13 pm

THANKS BIG MARV!!! I just bought one on ebay. 44.00 bucks!! Thanks again! I will let ya know how it works!!!

BOWHUNTERCOP

yRE: Cutting Synthetic Stocks?

Postby BOWHUNTERCOP » May 9th, 2008, 2:31 pm

I also have the 835, I purchased it 11 years ago. As with all my firearms I too have to cut the stocks, and yes you can cut synthetic, you would have to fill the stock's cavity with a polymer type filler

Bigmarv

Postby Bigmarv » June 7th, 2008, 10:56 pm

ORIGINAL: NYSuperSportsman

THANKS BIG MARV!!! I just bought one on ebay. 44.00 bucks!! Thanks again! I will let ya know how it works!!!

So how did you like the stock?
Bigmarv

Return to Shooting