Decoys and possible trouble

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Gobblernut

RE: Decoys and possible trouble

Postby Gobblernut » April 28th, 2008, 12:36 pm

If you have ever had a firearm pointed in your direction then you know the feeling it's not good. Binoculars make you fell alot more comfortable...
We all love spending time chasing our passion, but we also enjoy leaving in one piece..Hunt safe..
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » May 3rd, 2008, 12:08 am

Hey All,
  I agree with you 100%. A few years ago I had a father and son team sneak in on my deke. Twice I said in a loud voice "you have a hunter over here". And they kept coming in still. I finally dared move and grab the orange hat from behind me and started moving it around. Only then did they break it off. Sure made for a few tense minutes.
  Same setup but an hour earlier had 13 deer milling around. 1 of the doe was so curious that it would nudge the deke

RNC

Postby RNC » May 6th, 2008, 4:46 am

Have to agree with JPH. It takes a big man/woman to admit they did something wrong/unsafe. Glad to hear your incident didnt end with someone getting hurt or worse killed.

ct swamphunter

Postby ct swamphunter » May 6th, 2008, 9:19 am

That could have been real bad and I'm glad you took the time to make sure of your target. That shows a well trained hunter for sure.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion