jpb

RE: TICKS!!!

Postby jpb » April 28th, 2008, 8:16 am

Mack, Congrats on no ticks and a bird.
Joe

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » October 23rd, 2008, 4:05 am

permonon & duranon,spray it on your clothes & your good for 2 weeks even if you wash your clothes everyday this stuff is wicked it kills a tick when it tries to walk up your clothes

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » October 23rd, 2008, 9:38 am

Don't use flea/tick collars for pets.  They can give you some nasty chemical burns if it gets on your skin.  I know that some guys will wear them on their ankles, over their boots, but that's just too close for me.  Make sure that the spray goes on your clothes and not on your skin!!!  Let it dry before heading out.  If you can do it the day before and lay them out in the sun, it would be even better--I'm talking about the premetherine.  The other sprays are most likely the same.
Marlinspike Lanyards

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » October 23rd, 2008, 12:00 pm

Hey Dennis,

Jeff, Ken and Matthew all gave you great advice. Another great product is what used to be called "Rhino Skin" but now is sold by Cabela's under a different name.

It's a very tight fitting type of underwear that prevents ticks from getting to your skin and from biting through it.

I am a "tick magnet" and will wind up with one on me somewhere. The clothing spray that Jeff mentioned works. I use that spray and the Rhino Skin and then a little Deep Woods Off. It all helps.

Congratulations on your turkey!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 23rd, 2008, 2:22 pm

are you all talking about ticks NOW? I MEAN NOW, IN THE FALL?  i have never seen ticks in the fall here in southern ohio. when i lived in that flat country north of here they were lousy in the spring and summer , but i don't recall seeing any in the fall. i haven't had one on me this year. just use deep woods off on my clothes and thats it . now my sons are too stubborn to use it when i offer and they 'll drag some into my truck occasionally.                         ''ostt''

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » October 23rd, 2008, 6:17 pm

I carry a lighter in my vest just to burn the little ba$tards when they get on me.  The little "pop" they give when heated is satisfying.

I had one bury it's head in my forearm in March, and the thing still itches and took forever to heal.

They're bound to have a use in the world, I just can't think of it...chicken food maybe?

Jim 
Luck Counts, good or bad

ljmelea

Postby ljmelea » December 31st, 2008, 7:01 am

boy howdy on ticks,my buddy got lymes desease in tennessee.We now use rhino skin or under armour heat gear.we also spray our clothes with duranon,let sit over night works great.Out west i've heard of the "heated needle ",to remove embedded ticks in private areas,though i have no friends i would trust with this task!happy new year.
good luck

Previous

Return to Strategies