Second Spring Drawing

charlie elk

Second Spring Drawing

Postby charlie elk » January 31st, 2012, 12:14 am

WDNR discovered 6,138 applications had not been included in the original drawing for spring turkey permits. In addition, 8,532 applicants who applied for landowner preference did not receive that preference in the drawing. So on Monday 1/30 they conducted a new drawing including all applicants.
You might want to recheck your drawing results. Mine did not change still got my second choice.
Hope this helps those who didn't get the tag they wanted.
About 3,367 applicants received no tag. :!: :?:
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Re: Second Spring Drawing

Postby turkey junky » January 31st, 2012, 12:47 pm

damn i mean the cheese heads have to mess up the draw on the 1st year i want to go hunt a cheese gobbler!!!

do you think it will effect much charlie??? like the 3rd wk of march left over tag day sales wont be moved back & or our chances of get n a tag come season D unit 1???

i thought MNDNR was absent minded i guess MNDNR isnt alone!!! goof balls

dewey

Postby dewey » January 31st, 2012, 3:57 pm

charlie elk wrote:WDNR discovered 6,138 applications had not been included in the original drawing for spring turkey permits. In addition, 8,532 applicants who applied for landowner preference did not receive that preference in the drawing.

Did these 6,138 people have anything in common such as paper applications or anything like that? Or was it a random F up?

At least they got the problem remedied immediately and hopefully it doens't screw too many people up. Is there any way that a hunter would have been able to get his/her 1st drawing license and then go out in the field with the 1st drawing license?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 31st, 2012, 4:01 pm

I just checked and it shows I drew my tag, which is no big deal cause I went for 5th season zone 3 and I am sure there are leftovers for that period.

I did check a couple days ago and the results were there, then they were not there, so I assume the results I see now are from the 2nd draw.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 31st, 2012, 8:38 pm

Yes these were paper applications. I had no idea so many applied for their tags via paper.
The results posted now are the results from the second drawing. I am not sure if this has any effect on the leftover tags. The email yesterday informing me of this problem indicated they created more tags to accommodate these hunters. However, I do know of some guys who had tags but after the second draw now have no tags. If this happens to anyone here send me a PM I can refer you to a person at WDNR who might be able to help.
The leftover tags numbers are not posted yet. I really want to get a look at those in order to start plotting my hunts around the state.
later,
charlie

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 31st, 2012, 8:42 pm

you and me are in that same boat charlie on waiting to plot my hunts across the country hope all goes well

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » February 1st, 2012, 2:31 pm

Got my post card in the mail today. It confirms what I already knew as far as what I drew.

The sale dates fior the leftover tags are also the same as what has been posted on here.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

putt

Postby putt » February 2nd, 2012, 6:42 pm

charlie elk wrote:So on Monday 1/30 they conducted a new drawing including all applicants.

Charlie

You got me excited when I read your note, to think that I might have a second swing at the ball & improve my 4 years of crummy draws. But an online check showed that I still had the same 4th period.

Any word from your DNR source on when they'll finally release the delayed listing of leftover permits? I'm getting antsy to book some lodging in the SW Wis zone, but first need to see what permits are available.

Putt

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 2nd, 2012, 9:58 pm

Putt,
I was hoping the second drawing benefited you. Sorry to hear that is not the case.
WDNR is preparing a press release for Tuesday about the leftover permits so they will have the numbers updated online by then.
I am wearing out my mouse checking for em all the time so if the DNR cares at all about saving endangered mice they better get those tags listed. :lol:
later,
charlie

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 6th, 2012, 2:31 pm

At least they updated it for the spring 2012 permits and should give you some kind of an idea of what will be left over?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Next

Return to Wisconsin