Tougher than woodpecker lips!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
STEROIDCHICKEN

RE: Tougher than woodpecker lips!

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » April 24th, 2008, 9:40 am

i thought that my lucky hat wouldn't be the same after toxey hass signed it, but it actually got much luckier. toxey was concerned about that as well. i think that i will get him to sign my shirts,pants,boots,etc.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

Dank

Postby Dank » April 24th, 2008, 10:14 am

ORIGINAL: STEROIDCHICKEN

i thought that my lucky hat wouldn't be the same

I know how that goes. I had to replace mine just before bow season this year. It had an unfortunate run in with a bush hog. But my new one turned out to be just as lucky. I killed 7 deer with it 2 that were good 8pnts. and two turkeys so far. Don't know what i would do without it. lol. Isn't it funny how you get attached to certain things you associate with success.
Failure is often our best teacher.

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » April 24th, 2008, 10:39 am

Just keep cracking away and it will all come together. 
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 24th, 2008, 12:12 pm

My daughters dog enjoys destroying any hat I leave laying around, so I can't become to attached.  But I guarantee when things aren't going good I'll have my lucky T-shirt on under my camo, it's faded, bleached, torn and stretched but good things happen when I wear it to the turkey woods.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 25th, 2008, 11:19 am

I'm thinking that the guy who already missed FOUR shots ought to have his hunting license revoked.  ????  I don't get a chance at four shots on four quality Gobblers in an entire season.  Dang! About time to get his eyes checked or throw away those shotgun shells he is shooting, because somethin' ain't workin' right.

Weather and breeding phases change, so hang in there.  The next time you go they might about run you over.  As long as you get opportunities to go that is what counts.  I hate having to work on beautiful days to hunt, or seeing turkeys strutting when I am driving from one job to the next.  Keep after 'em.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

JPH

Postby JPH » May 4th, 2008, 6:24 am

Journal entry, 5/4/08:

I missed!
Can't bring myself to say any more right now.

Dank

Postby Dank » May 6th, 2008, 10:50 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Journal entry, 5/4/08:

I missed!
Can't bring myself to say any more right now.

Oh come on man, I know it hurts but you can't just leave us hanging!!! Anyway, you know it will be "theraputic" just to "let it out." lol. Seriously though, at least your still getting to hunt.
Failure is often our best teacher.

RNC

Postby RNC » May 6th, 2008, 11:04 am

Havent had a chance to hunt turkeys yet but I know what  you mean. The 07 archery deer season was brutal for me, first time in a number of years I didnt get a deer.

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 6th, 2008, 2:08 pm

LOL. Funny ya mentioned about changing hats Joe! I changed hats this morning and at least got a shot off at a bird this morning. I posted the mornings events in "Any Luck In PA?"  The birds in my area have been henned up since about three days before season opener. And the weather has been ok for the most part. I think I will try a new shirt tomorrow. Maybe My luck will change too.

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » May 6th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Quitters never win and people who miss only concertrate harder the next time..We all miss some are just afraid to say it...LOL..
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion