wisconsins old zones any body remember?

turkey junky

wisconsins old zones any body remember?

Postby turkey junky » January 25th, 2012, 1:32 pm

hey all you wisconsin hunters i have a question that some of you guys mite be able to help me out with??? ive never hunted wisconsin b4 but have hunted threw out the country for all the 4 sub species but that dosent help me to figure out were the old wisconsin zones were/are??? i have a old map from 08-09 & its shows info in the units but it has the old zones number listed but the map only shows the new 7 hunt unit areas in wisconsin???

well my question is dose anybody remember wear the old zones were wear unit 1 lies now??? i know the current unit 1 held the old zones 1-16 i only want/need to know about the old zones in the current unit 1 hunt unit/area & the old zones i really am trying to locate are 3,6 & 7 all i would need is a town in the general are of wear these old zones were located it would help me verry much guys any help would be much appreciated on the old zones 3,6 & 7 that are in the current hunt unit 1 area of the state...

thanks again stefan turkey junky

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: wisconsins old zones any body remember?

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 27th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I used to hunt zone 3 before it changed, and would stay in the town of Cobb which was right on the southern boarder of the zone. If I remember right 6-7 were just north of that
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 27th, 2012, 4:49 pm

I have the regs from 2006 and it only has the 46 old zones on it. There are no towns on the map, just highways and counties.

Units 6 & 7 together included most of Buffalo and Trempealeau counties and the western half of Jackson county.

Unit 3 was almost all of Richland county and that part of Vernon county east of Hwy 27/61 and part of crawford county east of the same hwy.

I would think you could find the old map somewhere online on the WI DNR site, but if you can't PM me your addy and I can make a copy and send it to you if you want.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

putt

Postby putt » January 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Here you go. The attached map shows Zone 1's original 16 zones.
Attachments
Old Zone 1.jpg
Old Zone 1.jpg (249.19 KiB) Viewed 308 times

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 27th, 2012, 5:31 pm

thanks guys that map was was what i was looking for PUTT thanks man...

Return to Wisconsin